Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**** Rolling 2015 Trade Deadline Thread ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

With the calendar about to flip to July, the non-waiver trade deadline is fast approaching.

Which team will be first to cash in their chips and sell off?

Which team will be the first to make that HUGE deal to put them in a position for the post season?

Is your team a buyer, seller or in a holding pattern?

Being a Mets fan, clearly the need is for bats. It has been mentioned Alderson has room in his budget to land an "expensive" impact bat, but who? Salary dump? or do they dare trade one of their Young SP's for a much needed big bat?

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
If the Mariners continue to flail this year I can see them trading Nelson Cruz. He is possibly the biggest name to move.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think Oakland is about to start their yearly sell off but outside of Zobrist (awful trade for Billy) I dunno who else they get rid of. Maybe Jesse Chavez helps a fringe team

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
With Stanton hurt the Marlins will sell, the question is how deep as they have some good long term guys but have gone crazy in the past.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I wanna see how many players the Phillies dump. Hamels, Papelbon ... then will anyone want Howard / Utley / Dom Brown ? And, will the Brewers trade Gomez ? What about Colorado with Tulo & CarGon ?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Red Sox are in an interesting position. They are finally starting to play good baseball but I think they still have way too much ground to cover to get back into contention. Buchholz has been a hot topic around here for a couple days because he could net us a huge haul right now based on how he's pitched over the past 8 weeks or so (4-0 2.2era in June) so his value will never be higher especially with his team friendly contract (2 club options the following seasons @ $13m/yr). On one hand we can get a very good haul of players for him, but on the other hand he can be a top of the rotation arm for us over the next few years at a team friendly price. I'm under the opinion that we should be open to hearing offers but only trade him if we get an offer we can't refuse...

I think that we should definitely trade some of our bullpen pieces (Tazawa, Uehara, etc..)...Uehara can be replaced by Pat Light who's currently in AAA, and I always worry about Tazawa being overworked year after year (it's eventually going to catch up to him). And I think that Victorino and Napoli (last year of their deals) should definitely be traded if the Sox can find any takers as they can be role players on a contending team.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The Phillies are in a holding pattern and have been for a long time. But with a brand new manager and a shake up in the front office they should become sellers later this month. They really have no choice, as they are the worst team in baseball.

WaxPax

Alderson has got to do something to address the offense after another tough 1-0 loss. This is just the latest waste of a good pitching effort, with nothing but another L to show for it. Harvey in his last 9 starts has 5 games where he's given up 1 or fewer runs and his record is 1-1 during that stretch. This recycling of Tejada, Flores and Herrera around the infield is maddening. The problem is the Mets need offensive upgrades at so many positions (with the possible exceptions of Duda and d'Arnaud, if he can stay healthy). I'm sure we'll see Reynolds get a shot at SS before Sandy dares to pull the trigger on a deal. The outfield should be a Cuddy/Grandy platoon in one corner, with Lagares and his TJS throwing arm in CF, and some sort of upgrade, either internal (Nimmo/Conforto?) or external in the other corner.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Mariners Mid-season Trade Acquisition Rest-of-season WAR as a Mariner
Kendrys Morales, 2014-1.0
Chris Denorfia, 2014-0.2
Austin Jackson, 2014-0.4
Welington Castillo, 2015-0.4
Mark Trumbo, 2015-1.2
Vidal Nuno, 20150.1

That's how terrible the Mariners are at buying, so I think its time to sell. You have an awful MLB team and no prospects in the Milb top 50. You had no first round pick this year. It's time for a complete rebuild, starting with the GM chair.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Last year I predicted the days leading up to the trade deadline would be relatively quiet in terms of actual trades, and I couldn't have been more wrong.

However, I find it hard to believe it'll be as noisy this year, so I'm making the same prediction again.

Especially when it comes to my former team.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm smelling Detroit as seller's, especially with Price & Cespedis looming as FA's, again, unless they get white hot in the next week or so.

Members online

Latest posts