Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would appreciate opinions on this eBay issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey,

I recently won this card on eBay, and when I received the small (but definitely there) imperfection on the autograph which was not mentioned in the listing. The picture for the listing was not too clear, so while it is technically visible in the picture once you know it's there, there was not real way to tell.

Been a bit unsure on how to handle it. On one hand it is a 1/1, so there's no other card. Want to hear some thoughts.

19258305510_e8918484ab_b.jpg

Last edited:

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
What would your options be? Return it or keep it?

If it bothers you enough to have it in your collection, perhaps you can still return it. Otherwise, I think its fine.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
1/1 with a small imperfection on the auto (which is barley noticeable) for your PC item I am guessing. Keep it.
and as for the description part, If the picture you are posting is the one that was used, it does show there so I wouldn't think the seller was being deceptive, Great Looking card.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
1/1 with a small imperfection on the auto (which is barley noticeable) for your PC item I am guessing. Keep it.
and as for the description part, If the picture you are posting is the one that was used, it does show there so I wouldn't think the seller was being deceptive, Great Looking card.

Thanks for the response everyone.

The picture here is mine, I made sure it was noticeable. It wasn't really in the listing.

I like DeGrom but odds are eventually it gets moved.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I would not keep it, it would bother me immensely especially of a guy who's gonna be signing for years to come and who knows what type of career. This isn't a case of the seller being deceptive at all but more of a case that the card looks worse in person than in the scan. Return it and be honest with the seller.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Agreed all around, just as long as the seller had a scan of the front it shouldn't be neccessary to put it in the listing. Even if it was a crappy scan in the listing bidders can always request a better scan. Still sucks, but one to learn from/be reminded of. GREAT CARD though regardless!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Also, looking at the scan of the listing, even if you didn't know it was there it is easily noticed. On a card where bigger money is spent, it is up to us as buyers to have our own confidence and the image in this listing isn't a bad image:

$_57.JPG

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
If the seller offers returns and it bothers you, return it, if the seller doesn't offer returns and it still bothers you just sell it. If you can get over the smudge, keep it it's a nice card.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If you're not keeping it in your PC, I wouldn't want someone you're going to sell it to to have this same thread after they buy it from you (unless it drastically increases in price). If you list it honestly, you stand to lose money.

Members online

Latest posts