Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You have got to be kidding me Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Had 4 cards on redemption from Topps. We agreed on a value of $200 eBay value (not Beckett value) per card ($800 total).

They sent me 4:
2011 Bowman Chrome Jose Fernandez Refractor Auto's /500

Last 4 sold for $99, $107 and $124.

I sent them a polite but strong email explaining that this was not acceptable. Any other recommendations?

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I am confused, you agreed on an eBay value of 200 per card? or 200 Total? I am reading it as they sent you 4 autos with each being worth a minimum of 99 dollars. Sorry of I am reading this wrong but does that mean they sent you $400 worth of cards when you agreed on $200? Obviously I am wrong or you wouldn't be upset.

Looks like you mean they sent you 1 Jose Fernandez card. Sorry, that sucks. I would try to reach them and voice your displeasure. I think by emailing them it is hard to express your disappointment. Also it is harder to disregard someone when you are speaking with them live rather than through email. JMO

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I am confused, you agreed on an eBay value of 200 per card? or 200 Total? I am reading it as they sent you 4 autos with each being worth a minimum of 99 dollars. Sorry of I am reading this wrong but does that mean they sent you $400 worth of cards when you agreed on $200? Obviously I am wrong or you wouldn't be upset.

Looks like you mean they sent you 1 Jose Fernandez card. Sorry, that sucks. I would try to reach them and voice your displeasure. I think by emailing them it is hard to express your disappointment. Also it is harder to disregard someone when you are speaking with them live rather than through email. JMO

Sorry I wasn't clear: 4 cards, $200 each (so $800 total). Tt was 4 of the same card.

From what I have heard the phone often means waiting forever on hold. Does anyone have any advice or a specific number or person to call?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Sorry I wasn't clear: 4 cards, $200 each (so $800 total). Tt was 4 of the same card.

From what I have heard the phone often means waiting forever on hold. Does anyone have any advice or a specific number or person to call?

Are any of them grade worthy?

Those cards used to sell for 200+ and they are probably ready to pop again since he's back and winning again...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Are any of them grade worthy?

Those cards used to sell for 200+ and they are probably ready to pop again since he's back and winning again...

I definitely hope he continues to do well and they go up in value, but even the current price of $100-$125 is after a pretty decent jump in prices with his return, and he's certainly a high risk to get injured again, or for his performance to level off.

I haven't looked too closely but it does not appear that they would be 9.5's (t-b centering is a bit off and one has a soft corner)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I definitely hope he continues to do well and they go up in value, but even the current price of $100-$125 is after a pretty decent jump in prices with his return, and he's certainly a high risk to get injured again, or for his performance to level off.

I haven't looked too closely but it does not appear that they would be 9.5's (t-b centering is a bit off and one has a soft corner)

you may want to slowly working on the solution because another good start or two and those could pop.

Not bad with 3 days and a 9...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-FERNAN...ultDomain_0&hash=item3f4fecec90#ht_494wt_1238

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Once again I suggest that once you settle on a dollar value, accept only dollars as a replacement. It's bad enough that you don't get the card they promised us to screw you on the value when they didn't actually pay market price for them is especially infuriating. If anything, they should overcompensate since those Joses cost them maybe $100. If I ever go down that road again, I'd insist on cash payment (and be laughed off). But really, they are just trying to buy their way out of a contract they place a dollar value on with Canadian dollars (or Confederate ones).

Members online