Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Purchased a lot of 80's-2000's cards - who wants to see what I found?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
Since moving to New Zealand I haven't had many chances to scratch my collecting itch. I still purchase cards on eBay and have them shipped to my family in the states but that's not quite the same as having cards "in hand". There's a site called Trade Me here which is sort of a hybrid eBay/Craigslist that I'll search from time to time but don't usually find anything other than overpriced, mass-produced junk wax. I found a lot on there the other day that looked intriguing from the few pictures (5-6 binders that appeared to be filled with cards from mainly the 90's and 2000's) so I snagged it and it's set to arrive today. I'll post what I find in this thread, and even if there's nothing great, it will be nice to have some cards around to browse through after a long withdrawal.

Nothing will be FS/FT at the current time as I don't want to ship to the States but if there's a player you're interested in I can let you know what I find and set it aside for once I'm back in the USA. Sorry to bore you with the long monologue. Should start posting cards when I get back from work around 6 PM NZST. (11 PM PST - 2 PM EST). Thanks for stopping by! ;)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Nice. Small piece of home. Like ripping a box of '87 Topps, doesn't matter much what you hit you know it's gonna be fun regardless

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
Kia Ora! Loved my trip to New Zealand 7 years ago...whereabouts are you?

Thanks,
Jeff

Kia Ora! I live in the quiet coastal town of Timaru. It's roughly 2.5 hours south of Christchurch and 2.5 hours north of Dunedin. Timaru itself is a bit boring but it's a great location to get out and see the South Island from. What were your favourite spots on the trip?

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
That is awesome! I spent 3 months living in Christchurch and loved it. Highly recommend spending a weekend driving around the Banks Peninsula and stopping in Akaroa. As well as going north to Marborough wine region if you are into wine. Enjoy!

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
That is awesome! I spent 3 months living in Christchurch and loved it. Highly recommend spending a weekend driving around the Banks Peninsula and stopping in Akaroa. As well as going north to Marborough wine region if you are into wine. Enjoy!

Akaroa is beautiful! I've been there a handful of times and it never fails to impress.

554700_696888662965_165735774_n.jpg

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
20150716_182005.jpg

Sorry for low quality photos. Looks like there should be some fun stuff in here! Ryan Bradley International Refractor 93/100 and Ruben Rivera Essential Credentials 61/99. Not the best players but cool cards.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Any Jose Canseco not highlighted in yellow from the checklist in my sig!

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Kia Ora! I live in the quiet coastal town of Timaru. It's roughly 2.5 hours south of Christchurch and 2.5 hours north of Dunedin. Timaru itself is a bit boring but it's a great location to get out and see the South Island from. What were your favourite spots on the trip?

That's awesome! Favorite by far was Queenstown- loved everything about the city from the views to the culture to the food. Also loved my trip down to Doubtful Sound-never have I seen views which can compare to those I saw!

Thanks,
Jeff

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
That's awesome! Favorite by far was Queenstown- loved everything about the city from the views to the culture to the food. Also loved my trip down to Doubtful Sound-never have I seen views which can compare to those I saw!

Thanks,
Jeff

Queenstown is my favourite as well. I put on quite a few pounds from Fergburgers while I was there! I've done Milford Sound but not Doubtful Sound yet - it certainly isn't like anything you will see in the states.

Latest posts