Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 RAZOR METAL BLUE PARALLELS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ALL 24 of these blues list by dutch auction tonight on ebay at approximately 9 pm EST! 7 DAY AUCTION. Here are some sample images...

2008_Razor_Signature_Tim_Beckham_Blue_Border_x60.jpg

2008_RAzor_Signature_MAtt_Wietters_Blue_Border_x40.jpg

2008_Razor_Signature_Buster_Poser_Blue_Border_x60.jpg

ENJOY..... BG

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Nice stuff. Are those the /50's or /25's?

Also, how is the overall condition, relative to the base Metal?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Better than base cards.... we weeded out any real problem cards..

Thus, stated print runs vary by player between 40 and 50.

BG

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
razorent said:
Better than base cards.... we weeded out any real problem cards..

Thus, stated print runs vary by player between 40 and 50.

BG

Cool. I hope to win a few.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
So at the end of the 7 days, the highest 50 bids (or less if people want mulitples) wins the cards? The price everyone pays per card will be the lowest winning bid?

For example, if the bids are as below:

1 card at $100
10 cards at $50
33 cards at $10
12 cards at $7

the bidders for the 1, 10 and 33 would be filled in their entirety at $7..

Then the remaning 6 cards would be sold at $7 based on on a first to bid basis...

THUS, it pays to bid earlier and it pays to overbid if you want just one card, since youll get the lowest winning price anyways... BG

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
razorent said:
bballcardkid said:
So at the end of the 7 days, the highest 50 bids (or less if people want mulitples) wins the cards? The price everyone pays per card will be the lowest winning bid?

1 card at $100
10 cards at $50
33 cards at $10
12 cards at $7

Then the remaning 6 cards would be sold at $7 based on on a first to bid basis...

THUS, it pays to bid earlier and it pays to overbid if you want just one card, since youll get the lowest winning price anyways... BG

Sounds pretty good assuming it actually works out that way, lol. I'll be sure to place my bids early on the guys I want

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
mredsox89 said:
razorent said:
bballcardkid said:

1 card at $100
10 cards at $50
33 cards at $10
12 cards at $7

Sounds pretty good assuming it actually works out that way, lol. I'll be sure to place my bids early on the guys I want

It sounds pretty good as long as 40 other people aren't putting $1000 bids in, otherwise, uh oh :lol:

I like the system and I think it will work out fine.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
masonphillip said:
Is it just me or are they all o/c top to bottom?

The design, perhaps purposely, is deceptive in nature as to weither o/c is happening top to bottom. I consider the top, the top of the RAZOR logo and the bottom, the bottom of the inner certer boarder. Thus, they look ok to me.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
while i have not compained about razor products or commented on any of the prior razor posts, for some reason i feel compelled to comment on this. the distribution method that you have chosen to get your products into the public has pretty much screwed anyone who has purchased razor products. instead of opening a box of cards looking for the decent hits to sell and hopefully make a profit, you (brian g) have chose to cut the middle man out yourself and reap all the rewards (if there are any) and auction the cards off yourself to the highest bidder therefor keeping any one from making an immediate profit by opening razor products. in my opinion, this is no better than the employee who back doors a product for a product. it is this reason alone that i have chosen not to buy or obtain ANY razor cards.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mburgin said:
while i have not compained about razor products or commented on any of the prior razor posts, for some reason i feel compelled to comment on this. the distribution method that you have chosen to get your products into the public has pretty much screwed anyone who has purchased razor products. instead of opening a box of cards looking for the decent hits to sell and hopefully make a profit, you (brian g) have chose to cut the middle man out yourself and reap all the rewards (if there are any) and auction the cards off yourself to the highest bidder therefor keeping any one from making an immediate profit by opening razor products. in my opinion, this is no better than the employee who back doors a product for a product. it is this reason alone that i have chosen not to buy or obtain ANY razor cards.

I fail to see how this screws anyone.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mburgin said:

Is he putting a gun to your head and forcing you to bid? By your response, the answer is obviously no. You can't screw someone who voluntarily knows the origins of these cards and chooses to bid anyway.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
mburgin said:

They didnt screw anyone. Did they make what may end up being a poor choice? Thats what you can really discuss.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
mburgin said:

I have to say, I do not disagree completely. However, I feel he was more 'pushed' in to this outcome than a 'thought through' plan. On one hand he may just as well be cutting out the middle man as you say, but on the other, he may just not had enough preperation to package and ship. Eithor way is no good in my opinion. One can say that there may be an increase in value in time anyway but that can be said about anything.

It was this move with the chrome, and now this with the paralells that I have reclassified RAZOR as a novelty item. And even if they grow and become a sucess with true demand, I feel the initial offerings will never be accepted fully.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Jaypers said:
mburgin said:

Is he putting a gun to your head and forcing you to bid? By your response, the answer is obviously no. You can't screw someone who voluntarily knows the origins of these cards and chooses to bid anyway.

JP,

how is this any different than Topps putting out Bowman Chrome product and with holding all of the Gold Refractors and then auctioning them all off on ebay. by what your saying, if topps tells you ahead of time they are going to do it, it is OK with you. am i right?

no one including myself has ever been forced to buy a product by no means but to me, this line of dirstibution is one reaping rewards for Razor and not any body else. if they are going to continuously make all the parralels of there products only available on ebay to the highest bidder, whats the point in opening any of them only to get the base models.

if i am wrong here, pease explain this one to me.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
cgilmo said:
mburgin said:

I fail to see how this screws anyone.

if they are only putting the potential money making parallels on ebay in auction style format and the company is the one making the huge profits, they are cheating (better choice or words?) the people who are buying the initial products that are only pulling the base cards.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mburgin said:
Jaypers said:
mburgin said:

JP,

how is this any different than Topps putting out Bowman Chrome product and with holding all of the Gold Refractors and then auctioning them all off on ebay. by what your saying, if topps tells you ahead of time they are going to do it, it is OK with you. am i right?

no one including myself has ever been forced to buy a product by no means but to me, this line of dirstibution is one reaping rewards for Razor and not any body else. if they are going to continuously make all the parralels of there products only available on ebay to the highest bidder, whats the point in opening any of them only to get the base models.

if i am wrong here, pease explain this one to me.

Topps didn't always pack out all of their parallels - case in point, the Pit. Certainly some benefits got reaped by them in those instances. I'd prefer a card company tell me ahead of time about their parallels than not at all, which was the case here.

In any case, this argument regarding Razor's method of distribution has been hashed, rehashed and re-rehashed. I would have preferred these to have been packed out, but it won't discourage me from buying a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts