Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Only read if you're interested in some eBay feedback drama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Long story short, took awhile for me to get two cards, and when I ended up getting them they reeked of cigarette smoke. I left the seller neutral feedback, and butthurt ensued.

If people want to smoke, go for it! I'm not against it. Just don't smoke near cards you're going to plan on selling.

The slowness thing is no big deal, USPS has their issues. That's just how the conversation started.

Read top to bottom.
--

Dear tentigers99,

Hi, were these cards ever sent out? It's been awhile now...

Dear ,

Hi. Yes they were sent out. Sorry you haven't rec'd them yet. I will find the USPS receipt and have them track it down with the tracking number. Sorry again, Cyrena

- tentigers99

Dear

Hi. Will be checking into this first thing in the AM. As you can see, the expected delivery date was Friday the 3rd. Sorry again . Those were out of my personal collection so I hope you get them because I was emotionally attached, lol.

- tentigers99

Dear tentigers99,

Got the cards today.

I guess your "personal collection" is yellowed on the edges from cigarette smoke? Thanks for nothing.

-

Dear

Really nice. Ruin 15 years of perfect feedback for a lame joke that wasn't even true. I knew you had ulterior motives when the post office told me your package was delivered on July 6th and you acted like you hadn't gotten them. No one smokes in this house because of my condition. I told you that but you had to leave that feedback any way. The cards have been in storage for years. I'm selling the collection to pay for my disease. I don't smoke. If they are "yellowed" its from age. You must be some kind of special to ruin perfect feedback for a lie. I'm guessing you were out to get the cards and your money back too.by playing the "haven't arrived" game...until you saw I had the receipt. Then, they magically came the next day. If you felt so strongly, you should have just not left feedback. Going out of your way to hurt someone in my current condition, out of spite explains, just how much of a jerk you are. Never mind they were great cards at a great price delivered quickly and
packaged well.Even if they did smell of anything, in your obvious pristine environment, that odor would have been gone in a couple of days. Wonder why I had perfect feedback? Why no one else ever complained of something like that? Do you do logic? Or just satisfy your own games for hurting people? Bet it felt good to put the only mark on perfect feedback. Obviously you figured to use feedback to get the cards and re-coop the money. Thanks for nothing. Luckily for you, you aren't around me at the moment.

- tentigers99

Dear tentigers99,

Save your BS sob story for someone who cares.

Cards don't yellow from age... See every card from the T-206 cards to present day.

I left very appropriate feedback. I received the cards, so that's a plus. On the other hand, they're worthless and disgusting. That averages out to a neutral.

Pray that your cancer takes you soon so that you can get out of a house full of people that respect you so little that they still smoke around you.

Goodbye!

-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
You were aggressive in your initial messages and then wished that he would die from cancer?! Wow...

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I posted it all, good or bad. Now you know a little more about me!

It's obvious BS anyway. Not everyone on eBay has a dying relative or cancer. I'm just sick of all these excuses! 99.9% of transactions are exactly as planned. When that .1% comes around, no one owns up to it and says either "Yeah, I was just too damn lazy to ship them", or "Yeah, I smoke, and my cards are ruined. Now you own them." I would be ok with those, because it's the truth.

If the seller truly had cancer, they're better off dead than in a house full of family that still smokes around them! That means two things: the seller's family doesn't give a damn about them, and the seller is going to die sooner because of it.

Check out the right edge:

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I wish smells were communicable. When in person, it's very obviously smoke.

He/she still had to package them and ship them. Would've been a good time to notice that.

A_Pharis

I wish smells were communicable. When in person, it's very obviously smoke.

He/she still had to package them and ship them. Would've been a good time to notice that.

He accepts returns. You can even initiate the return without any more than going through the automated process with eBay. Yeah, it would have ran you $3 to ship it back, but you would have gotten your $8-ish back.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I know, and it really isn't about the money. It's about the excuses! See my edit above.

I bought this, because the seller had a few cards that I needed so I saved on shipping.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Here's the feedback I left, with the everpresent "buyer held me hostage for refund BS"

Positive feedback rating
Cards smell like they were coughed up by the Marlboro man

Reply by tentigers99 (Jul-18-15 13:35):
Smoke free home. Thought you'd get discovered by Comedy Central w/lame joke?
HANK BAUER GAME USED JERSEY w/PINSTRIPE CENTERED LEGENDS of NY YANKEES (#111697687977) US $5.50 View Item

Neutral feedback rating
Cards smelled like they were coughed up by the Marlboro man.

Reply by tentigers99 (Jul-18-15 13:32):
No one smokes in my home. Ruin perfect feedback to try to blackmail refund?
MICKEY RIVERS GAME USED BAT LEGENDS of NY RARE MICK the QUICK GAME USED YANKEES (#111697707852) US $3.25 View Item

Last edited:

calripkenjr

Feb 26, 2012
You should have just returned them and left neutral feedback with a fact-based, emotionless explanation of the transaction only. The last comment to the seller was cruel and served no purpose whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

calripkenjr

Feb 26, 2012
I would say you owe the seller an apology actually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CrawfordFan13

Jan 19, 2015
Going to have to agree with everyone else in this one. You can see the condition in the scans, you can get a refund, it was only an $8 transaction. The last comment is rough, and I'm a pretty cynical human being. At first, I read this thread thinking you were the seller and felt extremely sorry for you that you had to deal with such a person.... turns out, you are that person.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Whether they are lying about having a disease or not, it's just not cool to wish death on people. Should have just asked for a refund and returned the cards or something if they were that horrible. Karma bro.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
As a smoker and an Ebay seller thanks for including your Ebay ID.
I will make sure you never have to deal with me and I never have to deal with you.

David

Members online

Latest posts