Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone remember these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
11755117_10155834597830082_7140568584424301744_n.jpg

11760095_10155834597840082_1702182602672944528_n.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
They're still out there, not too tough. Although I forget which ones are scarce. I think the Astros team set was one of them. Couple of unopened boxes of the superstar sets on ebay. Search of "High 5" decal turns up most of them, in original packages.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I *think* I have 2 or 3 different variations of the Canseco.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
They're still out there, not too tough. Although I forget which ones are scarce. I think the Astros team set was one of them. Couple of unopened boxes of the superstar sets on ebay. Search of "High 5" decal turns up most of them, in original packages.

I bought the only 2 Giants ones I've seen in 20 years. Gonna get around to listing one of em to see if there is interest...

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Oh boy, you're going to get [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] all hot and bothered with this topic.

Yes, I remember them.

92WGNWINDOWCLING.jpg

Sorry, but if an Astros team set pops, I plan to be heavily in the bidding.

I am still hoping to find a local stash of these...maybe at a flea market or something. If I can get my hands on more than one, I'll be more than happy to send them to the player collectors.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
It actually took me quite a while to track down a Dodgers set so I could cross the Butler off my list.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
We never could figure it out. I honestly think he has the actual team set version.

The back of the team sets is similar (at least w the Giants) to the Super Star ones, as in its a large player photo. However maybe that because Clark was the large photo on the 1st base SS one and they carried it over to the Giants set. So I guess if the team didn't have a representative in one of the SS sets as a large photo , the back could be different like the advertising back on the Bagwell. I think I made sense somewhere in there...

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The back of the team sets is similar (at least w the Giants) to the Super Star ones, as in its a large player photo. However maybe that because Clark was the large photo on the 1st base SS one and they carried it over to the Giants set. So I guess if the team didn't have a representative in one of the SS sets as a large photo , the back could be different like the advertising back on the Bagwell. I think I made sense somewhere in there...

Ryan

I gotcha. In any case, it's insane how hard the Astros version is to find. For a guy who doesn't have one of the 90 Donruss Aqueous test cards, Bagwell has some insanely hard cards to find pre 96. It took me forever to locate the MJB holographics auto(still missing two more versions), the Colla auto, the other MJB holographics promo(Nate has both), the 92 super DK, the 94(or 95 maybe...can't remember) score gold rush sample, and various others. That's not counting the R&N porcelains. These cards are tough as hell to find! That's why this high 5 is bugging the heck out of me! Lol.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I gotcha. In any case, it's insane how hard the Astros version is to find. For a guy who doesn't have one of the 90 Donruss Aqueous test cards, Bagwell has some insanely hard cards to find pre 96. It took me forever to locate the MJB holographics auto(still missing two more versions), the Colla auto, the other MJB holographics promo(Nate has both), the 92 super DK, the 94(or 95 maybe...can't remember) score gold rush sample, and various others. That's not counting the R&N porcelains. These cards are tough as hell to find! That's why this high 5 is bugging the heck out of me! Lol.

Yeah , the oddball tough can be very hard to find. As much as a Rare pack inserted card. Man with the 92 DK Jumbo there were a few over the last year or so that popped , was hoping you landed one of them. I almost pulled the trigger on each one, but sat out. You'll find these things one day ;)

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah , the oddball tough can be very hard to find. As much as a Rare pack inserted card. Man with the 92 DK Jumbo there were a few over the last year or so that popped , was hoping you landed one of them. I almost pulled the trigger on each one, but sat out. You'll find these things one day ;)

Ryan

I have all of the above. Including a DK super. It's that high 5 that's rarer than Bigfoot.

Members online

Latest posts