Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bigger disappointment Padres or Sox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The big winners this off season were the Red Sox and Padres. When the Sox got Pablo and Hanley all their fans were thinking the division would be theirs. San Diego fans thought they'd at least jump the giants and give the dodgers a challenge. Neither of those teams are even close to expectation but who is more disappointing? I would think the Red Sox, maybe adding insult to injury is that the Yankees are in first :D. This was brought up on the morning show this morning cuz the giants are playing the padres and they love that Pablo is really sucking it up

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Red Sox for $100, alex! ;)

glad they took hanram off Dodgers hands (i.e. Dodgers have no shame for not re-signing him from FA). In a tight division, Red Sox are not even being competitive so anytime you always have tons of money to spend and are in last place in a tight division, it's got to be disappointing.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I'd have to say the padres. I remember the padres fans coming on the forum around Christmas getting ready to buy their World Series tickets. I specifically remember one padre fan claiming that Myers-upton-kemp would be the best 2-3-4 in baseball and that wil Myers was just a good as bryce harper. I'd have to say based on those ridiculous expectations the padres fans are a bit more disappointed.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Plus the Red Sox have a farm system left, aren't considering trading away all their pieces and don't have a GM that prides himself on sleeping only 3/4 hours. Poor San Diego

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I liken the Padres flop to the flops of the Marlins & the Blue Jays the last few years. Gutting their system for veterans who've either been injured or under-performed leaves the Friars as the 'winners' of this debate.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
As a fan of both teams I gotta say the Red Sox. People here in SD were pretty wary of the moves that the front office made, but at least they made moves at all.
No one expected the Red Sox to be this bad, even without an ace.

Latest posts