Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Pitch F/X system to be used to call balls and strikes for Independent League team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I like how the article says Byrnes will donate $10K if he has to eject someone for arguing balls/strikes...if the game is decided by the 9th someone should get ejected for charity.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I read your opinions, and thought you were both crazy! :)

I'm tired of seeing guys strike out on calls well off the plate. If the technology is there, and at the MLB level it is, I think it should be used. I completely understand the other side of the argument and wouldn't be completely disappointed if it never happens.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I completely understand the argument for it as well. I just kind of enjoy the behind the scenes game of adjusting to the umpire's strike zone night to night. When it's within reason of course

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I hate hearing about umpires giving low or high strikes, how there's a "pitchers" strike and how sometimes a strike n the first isn't a strike n the 6th. A strike should always be a strike, it shouldn't change and umps shouldn't decide the games

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I hate hearing about umpires giving low or high strikes, how there's a "pitchers" strike and how sometimes a strike n the first isn't a strike n the 6th. A strike should always be a strike, it shouldn't change and umps shouldn't decide the games

Traveling isn't always traveling , holding isn't always holding , pass interference isn't always pass interference , a foul isn't always a foul , offsides isn't always offsides , etc etc... It's sports , it's nothing new and umps/refs/judgement calls are part of the game.

Ryan

porkchops

Dec 27, 2014
Traveling isn't always traveling , holding isn't always holding , pass interference isn't always pass interference , a foul isn't always a foul , offsides isn't always offsides , etc etc... It's sports , it's nothing new and umps/refs/judgement calls are part of the game.

Ryan
Well said Ryan ! Being a "home plate" umpire just might be the toughest "position" in baseball . Consistency is (really) all the pitcher(s) and hitter(s) can and should expect .
Regardless of the sport , I believe they all call them as they see them and that's all there is.
Ken

Members online

No members online now.