Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Playoff Prime Cuts Sample Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Recently grabbed another oddball/sample card off of eBay right when it popped up. Did a little research to just see if it was real (the sample on the back looked iffy, but I think that if the auto/game used had just been removed it would of been serial # on the back) but couldn't find anything else on them.
I know it's a SAMPLE from 2005 Playoff Prime Cuts MLB Icons, but not much else.

View attachment 53095
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438129132.096685.jpg

Anybody know anything about these? Dealer Samples? Manufacturer samples? Backdoored Samples when D/PL went gonzo? Anybody got their player?

Thanks,
Jeff

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Those were sent to mlb for approval.

I suppose when donruss lost their license, these.(and other approval samples) got out.

All these approval samples are generally thought of as one of ones but don't sell like it because few collectors know.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Those were sent to mlb for approval.

I suppose when donruss lost their license, these.(and other approval samples) got out.

All these approval samples are generally thought of as one of ones but don't sell like it because few collectors know.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Figured it was something like that thanks for the info.

And the pics don't appear to be showing in the original post so here they are again

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438138678.208324.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1438138691.817723.jpg

Thanks,
Jeff

Members online

Latest posts