Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I saw this ungraded a few years ago......this is truely an amazing card...WOW!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
A's coaches jersey.

But the COA on the back states he wore it in an official Yankees MLB game. Does that mean he wore it coaching AGAINST the Yankees, and if so, does that REALLY count when everything on the card shows Yankee logos and says Yankees for the team name? "Technically" it would count, but it seems like a dick move by Upper Deck (not that they haven't had many over the years...)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
But the COA on the back states he wore it in an official Yankees MLB game. Does that mean he wore it coaching AGAINST the Yankees, and if so, does that REALLY count when everything on the card shows Yankee logos and says Yankees for the team name? "Technically" it would count, but it seems like a dick move by Upper Deck (not that they haven't had many over the years...)

I think they just F'd it up. I never understood the reason they want to label / picture / state another team and use material from another team. It's a distraction. Getting a picture of JD in a A's uni / labeling as A's etc would if been the way to go.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa

Upper deck made a statement and ran a article in beckett and saying they made a mistake. They said it's from a A's coaching jersey. It was a mistake but they manned up to it right away. This is actually a case where I'm glad dimaggio is pictured in a yankees uniform. Think upper deck did a good job with this card

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I remember when this set came out. So many sweet patches including this one. When I think of building a modern GU patch set, this is at the top of the list. But they are available so rarely and the biggest names go for so much.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I remember when this set came out. So many sweet patches including this one. When I think of building a modern GU patch set, this is at the top of the list. But they are available so rarely and the biggest names go for so much.

I know your pain as I have 56 of the 64 cards in the set. The last few have cost me a fourtune ha

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Upper deck made a statement and ran a article in beckett and saying they made a mistake. They said it's from a A's coaching jersey. It was a mistake but they manned up to it right away. This is actually a case where I'm glad dimaggio is pictured in a yankees uniform. Think upper deck did a good job with this card

Thanks for the info. Nice to hear a card company stepped up to admit their faults!

Members online