Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Store Visit...FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I was in Atlanta for a couple of Braves games to knock Turner Field off my stadium list.
I thought "Why not go check out the FCB store?"
So I called them up and spoke with Evan. I told him I would be by in about an hour and he said he would be there.
He did tell me that they just got back from the National so things weren't quite normal.
No worries I thought. Maybe I could pick up some wax.
So I make the drive to Alpharetta and what do I find? A shop that looked in total disarray. Evan was nowhere to be found. The kid there said Evan had an emergency and that he would be back in an hour. Well I didn't have an hour.
Almost no wax or singles. The place looked under construction.
Heck, I couldn't have even bought anything even if I wanted to. No one to take my money.
Oh well. Rant over.

A_Pharis

Well, it may have been disarray due to getting back form the National (?) along with the fact that they regularly hold decently-sized events.
And I don't know if the lack of wax was about sports cards, specifically or not... but the store Chris runs has very little sports to begin with. It's mostly (and it's not even close) gaming, since that's actually profitable.

I, too, am confused about the point of this thread. The store has very little to do with the site aside for the original namesake.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I think Gilmore pissed a whole bunch of people off in his tenure, so there are probably a huge percentage of people who would love to hear stories of FCB Store disarray... Problem is that most if those people to not visit FCB "the forum" anymore...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think Gilmore pissed a whole bunch of people off in his tenure, so there are probably a huge percentage of people who would love to hear stories of FCB Store disarray... Problem is that most if those people to not visit FCB "the forum" anymore...

I don't think the store was in disarray.

I think it was the combination of just returning to Nationals, and the fact that there is a hundred kids in there every day.

I've been to the store, and it was well organized. They did have a 'messy' area with various things laying out on tables, which were eBay sales waiting to be sold and shipped.

Don't judge any business by one visit.

A_Pharis

It would be pretty petty of people to relish in the failure of a person who is responsible for the income of his employees and their families.
The store is successful and should receive well wishes in continuing to do so.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I didn't think they went to The National (it's freaking singular). Not that I care either way, it's well known the shop has changed it's business model toward gaming for several years now

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
It wasn't whining. Just an observation. People ***** on here all the time about bad experiences they have at their LCS and they heap praise on good experiences.

I'm not questioning the validity of the emergency.

I wasn't even angry about it, just disappointed.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Nobody likes a whiner.

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
in other news.....I have to vent here. I absolutely can't stand when people refer to it as "The Nationals".....yes [MENTION=2212]Brewer Andy[/MENTION]! I 100% agree IT IS SINGULAR!!!!!!!!!! THE NATIONAL!!!!!

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Thanks. Good to know

I was in Atlanta for a couple of Braves games to knock Turner Field off my stadium list.
I thought "Why not go check out the FCB store?"
So I called them up and spoke with Evan. I told him I would be by in about an hour and he said he would be there.
He did tell me that they just got back from the National so things weren't quite normal.
No worries I thought. Maybe I could pick up some wax.
So I make the drive to Alpharetta and what do I find? A shop that looked in total disarray. Evan was nowhere to be found. The kid there said Evan had an emergency and that he would be back in an hour. Well I didn't have an hour.
Almost no wax or singles. The place looked under construction.
Heck, I couldn't have even bought anything even if I wanted to. No one to take my money.
Oh well. Rant over.

Members online

Latest posts