Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bane50 is what the hobby is all about

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Yessir, that's the truth!

As many of you know I've been hunting down the near impossible task of completing the entire 2014 Tek Rainbow of McGwire. I had success up until the base charcoal and magenta proof auto's surfaced and I wasn't near a computer to grab them.

Well turns out my fellow Mac collector bought those for me just to ensure I could complete the rainbow, AND when he sent them to me, he didn't send them alone, he sent me two other rarities I was convinced I'd never find...

How flipping cool is that????

THAT is why I love this hobby so much, especially amongst the McGwire collectors. The comradery is unparalleled.
[MENTION=4155]Bane50[/MENTION], you are the man and thanks to him, I only need one more known card - the Black/White Auto Proof!!

tek_strip1.jpg

tek_strip2.jpg

tek_strip3.jpg

tek_strip4.jpg

tek_strip5.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
That's a great gesture from bane50 and one heck of an accomplishment to get that close to completing the set.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That is frieken awesome on all accounts. Good luck landing any others, it's been fun to watch ya get close.

Ryan

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
That's awesome! Gotta love the selfless effort by [MENTION=4155]Bane50[/MENTION] to help improve a great collection/set.

What were the other two rarities that he sent?

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Don't let Joe fool you. He should be the topic of this thread. His development (along with help from many Mac collectors) of the PC List has been THE biggest help to me achieving the collection I have today.

I'm a Mac 'Hoarder' so to speak. I have hundreds of copies of some cards ('88 Donruss anyone?). It kills me to part with any of them. Joe is one person I can trust to appreciate and look after any cards I send him. While I'm here, I have to recognize Don and Jay also. Both great guys, willing to help fill the voids.

While letting go of the Teks was hard, even I want to see this project completed. Like Joe said, a near impossible task. And when he told me he was sending two AWESOME cards as thanks (one a 1/1!!!), I was blown away.

He is the MAN in my book. Not only does he have one of the greatest Mac collections out there, he is willing to sacrifice to help others make theirs great too.

Thanks Joe!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Big props to everyone involved, this really is the best community out there! Hoping like heck you can find the missing pieces and complete the rainbow!

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I came across a Grid that had 'extra' lines on it. Looked like a printing flaw. I scrutinized each one that popped up on eBay and ended up finding two more. The amount of extra holo ink is different, but always in the same places. Joe's is the 'medium' one. I still have one with a little more, and one with a little less. Haven't seen anymore, I even checked other players on COMC.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
That's awesome! Gotta love the selfless effort by @Bane50 to help improve a great collection/set.

What were the other two rarities that he sent?

'89 20th anniversary buyback
and
'96 beat the odds full bat variation

The '89 completed the set of 20th anniversary buybacks that are known to exist including the non-released ones.

Most know about the buybacks but I think the '96 would have been far more difficult to locate. Rare variations on somewhat common cards always tend to be the hardest to locate!

Members online