Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a little help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
i purchased this from a member here and was happy with it till i noticed the 2inch scratch below is the members scan and my attempt to show case the damage [very hard to see fr his scan but there] his name and what i paid are not important the issue is dead as i was offered a refund upon my mailing first. i refuse to be had twice so i have to eat the scratched card

my question is this what can i expect to get on ebay for this? full dis closer of coarse

BeckhamBLue-1.jpg

BeckhamBLue-1-1-1.jpg

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
MTBright said:
why would you have been had twice. wha is the # of it.
card is packed away right now. this member is nothing less than a crook i'd rather a scratched card than no card no money
there is no way he can say he did not see scratch and he did not mention it at all in our deal

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
sorry but it is hard to see from the scans...

just note that before you call someone a crook, i dont think everyone actually checks the 4 things (corners, surface, edges, centering) as thoroughly as another

is there a possibility that the seller here did not see it? did you notice it right away or did you carefully examine it before realizing that there was a scratch?

communication is key to everything. if you are going to drop a lot of $$ on a raw card, please make sure that you ask as much questions as possible

im not backing the seller at all here except for the fact that maybe, he or she really did not see it but if he did see it and didn't mention it, well, yeah, return/refund

dave

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
plunk said:
MTBright said:
why would you have been had twice. wha is the # of it.
card is packed away right now. this member is nothing less than a crook i'd rather a scratched card than no card no money
there is no way he can say he did not see scratch and he did not mention it at all in our deal

so if he is a crook then tell us because we do not want crooks here and dont want more people taken. If you dont trust him then use a third party that both trust, you send the card to the third party and when he gets it he tell the other guy to send money.

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
you can see the scratch best where my arrows are and when i took it out of the dingy penny sleeve he mailed it in it was clear as day

i really dont understand why i send first to someone i feel is dishonest. i paid first then he sent why is it different now?

remember i have named no names so i can refer to this dirtbag any way i want

yes im angry i dont normally act like this

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
plunk said:
you can see the scratch best where my arrows are and when i took it out of the dingy penny sleeve he mailed it in it was clear as day

i really dont understand why i send first to someone i feel is dishonest. i paid first then he sent why is it different now?

no, you can't

Be an adult about the situation and show some class.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
In my day that card was mint. What I'm saying is, a lot of people would have a lot of different opinions of that card. Calling the trader a crook over it is a bit harsh. And believe it or not, a lot of people don't even look that closely at their cards. When I get stuff in the mail or from wherever, I scan it right away and then it goes in a box somewhere. All I usually look at after that is the scan except maybe once a month and heck the lighting is low where I store my cards so I woulda missed that scratch myself. How long has the trader been a member?

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
cgilmo said:
plunk said:

no, you can't

let me get this strait i buy a card pay first card is damaged as stated and im the bad guy for having the"class" to not name names

maybe i should have left out the back story

i would really just like the help i asked for if anyone will still give it to me

i guess noone understands the frustration i feel especially with the whole send first thing

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
plunk said:
let me get this strait i buy a card pay first card is damaged as stated and im the bad guy for having the"class" to not name names

i would really just like the help i asked for if anyone will still give it to me

i guess noone understands the frustration i feel especially with the whole send first thing

If you bought the card on eBay, and it came scratched, you would have to return the card before you got your money back. Even if you filed a claim with Paypal, they would require you to send first.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
plunk said:
cgilmo said:
plunk said:

no, you can't

calling a man a thief when he hasn't stolen anything from you is out of line and classless.

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
In my day that card was mint. What I'm saying is, a lot of people would have a lot of different opinions of that card. Calling the trader a crook over it is a bit harsh. And believe it or not, a lot of people don't even look that closely at their cards. When I get stuff in the mail or from wherever, I scan it right away and then it goes in a box somewhere. All I usually look at after that is the scan except maybe once a month and heck the lighting is low where I store my cards so I woulda missed that scratch myself. How long has the trader been a member?
so the answer is to just pass it off to someone else?

once again info on the member is not important i left him appropriate feedback and those that deal with him can form their own oppinions.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
plunk said:
cgilmo said:
plunk said:

no, you can't

sorry but where can i buy a card, receive the card, then pay afterwards?? or anything for that matter?

like ebay or amazon or best buy, consumers pay first before getting the item at hand.

not really sure what help you are looking for but 1st off, if you are unhappy with this transaction, send the card back and get your refund. that's the end of story right there!!!

if you want something that's flawless, then as our favorite member eric would say, get it slabbed. that's the risk you take for buying raw cards, bud...

dave

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
plunk said:
Brewer Andy said:
so the answer is to just pass it off to someone else?

once again info on the member is not important i left him appropriate feedback and those that deal with him can form their own oppinions.

So I'm assuming you didn't leave positive, even though you were offered a refund. I need to remember not to have any trades with you.

Members online