Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New ebay iphone app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Is it just me, or is the new layout awful?

If I was legally blind I would love it. Pictures and text are at least four times larger than what it was.

Also hate the layout where everything is on one page, and it doesn't list out all of the watched items, etc.

A lot more button pushing and scrolling to get what I need.

Not a fan.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Glad someone posted before I updated.

I could be in the minority, but I would hold off for now.

Now everything (selling, buying, recently viewed, watching, saved searches) is under "Activity" and you have to scroll through this one page to find anything. Then you have to hit a button to expand any category. As of now I haven't found a way to hide things on this page.

The one thing I liked is that instead of having two screens for bidding, one for entering amount, the second for confirmation, you just enter the amount and it bids with one click. I'm trying to stay positive, but every time I look at it I want to vomit.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I hated it at first just because I had to learn the new layout, but I love it, the search is much better and there are more search options now just like the website and I can bid on one item and go right back to my search screen and it has the $1 bid button now, I love the new app after I got over the shock of having to learn the new layout, people just don't like change

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I could be in the minority, but I would hold off for now.

Now everything (selling, buying, recently viewed, watching, saved searches) is under "Activity" and you have to scroll through this one page to find anything. Then you have to hit a button to expand any category. As of now I haven't found a way to hide things on this page.

The one thing I liked is that instead of having two screens for bidding, one for entering amount, the second for confirmation, you just enter the amount and it bids with one click. I'm trying to stay positive, but every time I look at it I want to vomit.

Sounds crappy. I will take your advice and avoid. Hope Apple comes up with a fix for this.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I like it. Doesn't have that stupid notifications thing that's always full of stupid alerts.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I have an Android phone, the eBay app would send me notifications for stuff that was purchased and delivered weeks ago, then send me another saying I have stuff in my cart. Open my cart and get the 'ole "Your Shopping Cart Is Empty, but It Doesnt Have To Be" message. I think thats a marketing ploy to get you to browse/buy while you have the app open.

Fordman

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't sell my old iPhone 5 for this exact reason. Still have the old eBay app, still have the good version of iTunes, etc.

I don't care for the new update. Looks like the iPad app, which sucks

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Good to know, I rarely upgrade any apps anyway, but definitely avoiding this one. If it's anything like the iPad app I don't want to touch it.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Here's something else I noticed last night.

It doesn't appear to save my preference to sort by newly listed. After every search I would have to go in and re-sort out of Best Match.

I think I'm just going to be using the mobile version of the website instead of the app from here on out until they fix it.

Oh, and look at the review page for the new app. Holy crap

27C2BA5D-E463-469A-B42A-4F6F2F59DC85.png

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Here's something else I noticed last night.

It doesn't appear to save my preference to sort by newly listed. After every search I would have to go in and re-sort out of Best Match.

I think I'm just going to be using the mobile version of the website instead of the app from here on out until they fix it.

Oh, and look at the review page for the new app. Holy crap

27C2BA5D-E463-469A-B42A-4F6F2F59DC85.png

It saved my preference of newly listed and include in description, I love the new app

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
It saved my preference of newly listed and include in description, I love the new app

I was really against it until I noticed this. I finally don't have to switch it from that useless "best match" every time now!!

The format is a little bit cumbersome but it's not awful. I just think it was another one of those completely unnecessary upgrades sites like to do...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I see there's also an extra yes/no question when leaving feedback for "did your item arrive on or before xx/xx/xx". That wasn't there before right? That's in addition to the star rating for shipping speed that's still there

Members online

Latest posts