Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cespedes for MVP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Starting discussing this in the morning thread and thought it deserved it's own thread...

What say you about the chatter of the possibility of Cespedes for MVP?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
It's insane. 55 games in a league and you're gonna be MVP ? Not a chance. The Mets team MVP ? Sure, but not for the league.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The media at its' finest. Manufacturing a fantasy - it's what they live for.

Harper is virtually a lock. Get used to it.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nope , and as already stated ,
media (talk radio etc) totally snowballed this. Although a great stretch , others like Harper have had as impressive of stretches.

Ryan

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
No. Mostly for the same reason CC didn't/couldn't have won in 2008.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
No, as in no way, as in nope as in ain't gonna happen.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I believe he's had an improbable stretch, and his contributions have been amazing to the Mets. . but my personal feeling if you change leagues or are traded for any reason. It nullifies any major award.

On another note, I think the mvp should be renamed. It's the best player from the best team 99% of the time. Many other players through the years have been better deserving of the title MVP but we're screwed because the team didn't make it to the playoffs.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Cespedes could hit a home run each game for the rest of the season and he wouldn't win MVP.
You can't win a season MVP playing only 55 or so games for the team.

And more importantly, weren't the Mets already in 1st place when Cespedes arrived? It's not like he propelled the Mets from being a bad team to the division title. The Mets were great without him.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Cespedes could hit a home run each game for the rest of the season and he wouldn't win MVP.
You can't win a season MVP playing only 55 or so games for the team.

And more importantly, weren't the Mets already in 1st place when Cespedes arrived? It's not like he propelled the Mets from being a bad team to the division title. The Mets were great without him.

They were 2 back , but yes the point if them being competitive already wo him is correct.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Harper is fantastic but his team is two games over 500 and will probably miss the playoffs so I don't think he should get it. Rizzo, McCutchen, someone who is on a playoff team

Don't care if its Harper or anyone else. But it won't be YC. But I don't think you need to be on a playoff team to win MVP, but that may be a minority opinion.

Ryan

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Three pitchers, Arrieta, Greinke and Kershaw have arguably been more valuable to their NL team than any hitter this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts