Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption Decision. Opinions Appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Going back a couple of years I bought quite a few Hyun-Jin Ryu Topps Chrome RC Auto Redemption cards. For 2 years nothing doing, and then a few months ago, after going back and forth with them they sent me 4 - Jose Fernandez Chrome Refractor Autos in exchange for 4 2013 Topps Chrome Hyun-Jin Ryu Camo Auto /15.

A month passes and all of a sudden the yu's are live. Topps sent an email saying I could return the Fernandez's to get the card I purchased.

Now trying to figure out what to do.

Pros for keeping Fernandez: Jose is a much better player and who knows what will happen when Ryu comes back.

Pros for returning the Fernandez's: The Ryu's are extremely rare (/15) and so the potential there is much higher. Right now they are probably worth pretty close to the same, but Fernandez is a huge injury risk and prices have jumped recently because of his return, while Ryu's prices are down and they are still probably in line with each other.

Thoughts?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I hate that topps Puts us through this, there Cs stinks. I would keep what you have. I just wouldn't trust them to come thru.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd try to get back the 4 Ryu's #'d/15. Just over 25% of the print run would be in your possession.

Members online

Latest posts