Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Bucks Coming Soon…How to spend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think there is usually a thread each quarter where people share what they bought. I wasn't looking for that as much as how people end up spending their bucks.

I have always wanted to go out and buy something I wouldn't normally buy, but the reality is, if I want it (and can afford it), then I buy it! If I don't buy it, it is probably because the seller wants too much for it. I keep thinking some day I will look at the bucks as a way to defer the cost of a higher priced item I want but am unwilling to buy at the asking price, but quarter in and out, I never use that logic and always just ending up paying for my regular items a bit at a time until it is gone. The cheap in me won't even allow me to overpay when using "free money"!!!

Anyone have any interesting bucks purchase stories to share that might show a different perspective for using them?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
For the last year and a half so far I use all my eBay bucks on junk silver coins. I buy it by the once and when it arrives I put in a safety deposit box. It adds up quick and some day I will just hand it all down to my daughter for her to do what she wants with it. This will be the first quarter where I may not make the minimum $5. I took a break this quarter.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Well, I went ahead and did it this time. I resisted the urge to just pay for items I had already bought our will buy and went in search of some items that I probably wouldn't otherwise buy. I have signatures for both of these guys already, but have always liked this set. I don't expect to ever get the Mantle or the triple, but now have 1/2 of the signed set for essentially $10 out of pocket.

Attachments

• $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    318.6 KB · Views: 41
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 40

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Well, I went ahead and did it this time. I resisted the urge to just pay for items I had already bought our will buy and went in search of some items that I probably wouldn't otherwise buy. I have signatures for both of these guys already, but have always liked this set. I don't expect to ever get the Mantle or the triple, but now have 1/2 of the signed set for essentially $10 out of pocket.
I love those "The Franchise" cards. Need to find a way to get that triple at some point.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you have a grand+, then it won't be hard to grab one!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Excellent pickups!
I to did not make it this quarter after having 3-10x the minimum amount typically.

I have and will overspend on a card with ebay bucks if it gets my out of pocket expense below my valued amount on said card.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Very nice ! I too like those and may consider the Triple someday. There is something about the Yaz sig going the opposite direction on that card that has always bugged me though ;(

Ryan