Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone win anything at the Robet Edward Auction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Auction ended last night. It's one of the biggest in the hobby but for me, because it is not heavy on modern cards and doesn't have much in the way of memorabilia (it's incredible for vintage) it's not one of the big ones for me.

That said, I was able to snag one card which I thought I did pretty ok on, before realizing I had not read the description closely enough and there's damage on the back of the card... :(

Jimmie Foxx.jpgJimmie Foxx back.jpg

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
There are always several HOF autos over which I drool, but ending prices in REA auctions are usually prohibitive for me.

As an autograph (more than card) guy, I would celebrate the damage on the Foxx bringing the price down. It is a superb autograph and great looking card front. I can't see the damage that well, but it looks like you could color match and fill it in. Just a thought.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I bid on a couple lots but won this one. I am working on a signed 52 Topps set. Only needed 1 card for the $1300 it cost me but there is a least one condition upgrade in there for me.
http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=38408

Latest posts