Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is how TOPPS treats a young Mets collector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Perfect opportunity for a PR person to reach out the player and cut Topps out altogether. (I hope that is what happens anyway.)

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Very unfortunate that something like this happens to a kid, but I wouldn't be so sure that this isn't just a case of Topps not updating the item to out of stock. I'm sure those things went like hot cakes at $175, especially when he hit that 6th homer

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Interesting to see what really happened, but I suspect he will get a bat now and maybe even more than what he was expecting, esp if Murphy sees this.

Ryan

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Topps tweeted earlier today that the sale will go forward.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Am I the only one that doesn't give a rats ass that they now want to honor the sale? True integrity is how you treat people when no one is looking, and Topps has proven time and again that they'd piss on each and every one of us if no one were ever looking.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Am I the only one that doesn't give a rats ass that they now want to honor the sale? True integrity is how you treat people when no one is looking, and Topps has proven time and again that they'd piss on each and every one of us if no one were ever looking.

I say that all the time. Integrity is doing what is right when noone is looking.

Shame on Topps

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If you trade the updated article another collector was/is giving WS a bat too. So you can see there is good out there too.

Maybe the bats were "lost" in all the Topps Vault things that went missing and canceled.

Ryan

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm just waiting for Donald Trump to take credit for Topps finally doing the right thing.

Kudos to that other collector wanting to help the kid out.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Did it say?

And btw, good to see you around, feel like I haven't seen you in a while...hope all is well!

It did not.

thanks, all is well. life is just very busy. i am hardly ever on anymore. i am so behind in the hobby right now.

hoping i can get to a good point and rejoin the regular conversation.

Members online