Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1987 Fleer - Anyone An "Expert"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
I have a chance to buy a factory set of 87 Fleer at a reasonable price. I know that there are a few desirable cards in there....Barry Larking Glossy Rookie, Bo Jackson Glossy Rookie, Nolan Ryan Glossy, Barry Bonds Glossy Rookie....

My question is, are the glossy guaranteed to be in a factory set or how are they distributed? The glossy share the same card number as the standard cards. Thanks in advance all.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Glossy were issued in a tin set, not in regular fleer set.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Thanks, I just realized how dumb that question sound.

What about the 89 Fleer...I see that there's a Billy Ripken error (vulgarity white out) card, and one that made it out the door with the vulgarity. Was this every caught or will every set have one or the other of this card?

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I have all the cards your looking for though as I own the sets so if you have any Jeter's on my want list there up for trade.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Thanks but I'm not particularly looking for any of the cards, just wondering I should purchase the factory set of 87 or 89 Fleer and what type of return I might see on it. I would be interested in the 89 Fleer Griffey Rookie Glossy though, you have that also?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You'll get the corrected (common $1 card) Ripken in the factory set.

Fleer glossy and topps tiffany only came in their own set. Never mixed into packs or regular factory set.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
1987 Fleer - Anyone An "Expert"

Don't expect any return on either set whatsoever. However, I've said it recently and I'll say it again. '87 Fleer is the greatest set ever made! Gorgeous cards with tons of nostalgia. Just not worth anything. I put a set together a couple years back but dumped it during a recent move. I'd love a glossy tin at a reasonable price as I regret it already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Seems funny now but back in '87 seeing a player's head extend over the photo border was so cool and "innovative"

Members online

Latest posts