Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hell-uva deal for the Phillies!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The Phillies have acquired former Rays' super-prospect Jeremy Hellickson from the D-Backs for minor leaguer Sam McWilliams.

Good deal for Philly IMO. If Hellickson can return to his former form of 3-4 years ago he's a Steal...

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I guess it's a low risk, high reward trade....but I wouldn't expect him to instantly go back to his rookie year numbers. (Though he did show some promise in the 2nd half of last season with a 3.61 ERA)

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The Phillies have acquired former Rays' super-prospect Jeremy Hellickson from the D-Backs for minor leaguer Sam McWilliams.

Good deal for Philly IMO. If Hellickson can return to his former form of 3-4 years ago he's a Steal...

Yeah, I think it's a good deal for the Phillies. Being a year removed from surgery Hellickson really could be a steal and have a good year. McWilliams wasn't one of the Phillies top prospects. Hellickson is already an upgrade over Harang and Williams. :p

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
As a DBax fan , eh it didn't matter. We weren't (from what I heard) gonna offer him a contract he'd actually accept so we got something for him at least. And can't say he's done anything but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice for him to rebound.

Ryan