Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the most expensive pack you've opened?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
In any way shape or form.

For me, it was a rak pak from 1978.

Thing is that I opened it about 25 years ago when it was a fraction of the $100 value it is now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Probably 2014 Tek, although I made back close to double what I spent on just two cards (Springer Cloud Ref auto /25 and a Tanaka Tektonics /50).

However, similar to your story, back in 2000, I bought a 1979 Topps vending box on ebay for around $55 from a case break. That was a ton to spend for me back then, but I see now that they go for around $400.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Either a '01 Topps HTA Jumbo pack (series 2 ... pulled a Mantle '65 Topps & Ichiro RC back to back) or a '99 Finest baseball pack (that's when Pat the Bat was beyond hot and I pulled it :D )

As you can tell, I don't rip much wax at all.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ugh, I did one box/pack of 5-Star one year.

Otherwise, I'll do a pack or box of Triple Threads or Museum each year.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Back in 07 I think it was I tried my hand at a box of 2007 bowman sterling. I never do prospect stuff so even the card shop owner was surprised I went for it. Pulled 2 Joba base autos, a ching ming wan? Maybe that's the name red gu auto 1/1 and a some scrub named Kershaw majestic logo patch auto. Made my money back and then some.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
2007 upper deck premier. Pulled a Cal Ripken Jr. dual patch auto /25, a Gwynn/Ripken dual patch card, Mike Schmidt triple Gu, Verlander auto and some other odds and ends. Not sure I could have made my money back but can't say I went wrong with the hits. Especially since I kept them. I've also opened triple threads and some high end basketball stuff. Pulled stuff like a Larry Bird auto and a Luol Deng triple patch auto. Nothing that's ever blown my hair back but good pulls nonetheless.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The highest I paid for a pack/box was the Leaf Ichiro Immortals. It only took one card I sold to pay for the two boxes..

ichiro-a-immortals.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
$80'ish for 2014 Bowman Inception pack. I open $50+ packs for my Christmas pack and that Inception pack was my 2014 Christmas pack. I'm sure some year will come along that a $100 pack will catch my fancy for my christmas pack but it hasn't happened yet.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Not counting 1pack/1box products--$50 pack of 2001 Topps Tribute...

I've told the story several times. Likely my best pull ever turned into the worst.

Ted Williams redemption for an original Topps card. They were selling for $400+ on eBay but I had dreams of a PSA 7-1954 Topps. After several months I received my card in the mail.

1971 Topps Manager card in pretty poor condition. I'd never felt so sucker punched in my life. I typed up a letter and was going to return the card. I never sent the letter, but I did throw the card away just to get it out of my sight.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I opened a pack/box of 2014 Topps Dynasty. Pulled a Piazza and lost over half of my money!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
2011 Topps Marquee, I think it was $48. I have a rule of never buying packs that are more than $1/card, but I felt like trying to win the Museum Collection lottery. There was one pack left and it felt heavy. Pulled a Steve Garvey "patch" card where the patch took up about 2% of the dime-sized piece of cloth embedded in the card. I sold it and got about half my money back, which I thought was the best result possible.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
2005 Donruss Timeless Treasures. And I was owned :(

Most expensive pack was when I bought a $100 pack of this crap too and basically gave that Benjamin away to my LCS. Out of frustration, I then really gave every card away that I pulled from that tin on, I believe, the old Beckett boards.

Members online

Latest posts