Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What was the first Topps pack pull certified autograph ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Taylor was undoubtedly the first one, coming in the gold factory set. For packs, I can't recall any autos for baseball until 1997. Which is odd because for other sports they had them at least a year earlier. And they had a Star Wars set in 1993 that had redemption cards for autographs of the artists who painted the cards.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I think the first Topps auto came from the 1985 Topps Pete Rose set. Some of the sets contained an autographed version of card #1 in the set. As far as autos from packs, I'm guessing 1994 Topps Archives which was a reprint of the 1954 set. Hank Aaron signed a couple thousand copies of his card which were randomly inserted in packs.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I think the first Topps auto came from the 1985 Topps Pete Rose set. Some of the sets contained an autographed version of card #1 in the set. As far as autos from packs, I'm guessing 1994 Topps Archives which was a reprint of the 1954 set. Hank Aaron signed a couple thousand copies of his card which were randomly inserted in packs.

Thanks to all the responses.

Members online