Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
So I got this card from Burbank off eBay. Now i knew going into it, that chipping was a notorius problem with this set of cards. And I was ok with that. Thing was, Burbank used a stock Beckett photo,and the chipping was really bad (at least to me.) Anyways, here's the card

Christian Parker 2001 donruss 'leaf certified materials' freshman fabrics red gu Fielding glove/auto #10 /75
IMG_20151123_150431.jpg

And here's the chipping issue
IMG_20151123_150507.jpg

So here's my dilemma. In 8yrs of looking on ebay, beckett, comc, and anywhere else I could look, I've ever only seen this 1 copy of this card. So would u keep the card? Return it and hope another 1 pops up (even though I've only seen 1 in 8 years)? I'm stuck here on what I should do, hence the post asking for opinions. Thanks to those that answer

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Definitely sucks the card was not as advertised, but in the case on a card this rare (doesn't mater that is #ed to /75), I would keep it.
Maybe write Burbank and see if they would refund you partially?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That set is brutal as far as chipping. I used to own the Pujols and it was impossible to find in good shape. If the chipping bothers you, you can return it. That said, I wouldn't hold out hope of finding a nicer copy.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Alright, thanks to everyone who answered. I guess I'm keeping it. And I will write to Burbank and see what they say

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Keep it for sure. If it's taken you that long to find one who knows how much longer it could be for the next one. It's worth a shot to see if you can get a partial refund, but does it say in the description that it was a stock photo and not of the actual card?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Keep it, but keep looking. If you find a better one, buy it, then sell yours to offset the cost.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Keep it for sure. If it's taken you that long to find one who knows how much longer it could be for the next one. It's worth a shot to see if you can get a partial refund, but does it say in the description that it was a stock photo and not of the actual card?

It says they sometimes use stock photos. Doesn't tell you for sure if it is or isnt

Members online

Latest posts