Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

To Grade or Not to Grade, That is the Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So I've been buying Rickey auto's lately. 1 has been graded by Beckett. 3 of the auto's I've had for years cams in Beckett holders, I think they were Playoff Absolute? My question is should I send in my others and rare 90's cards? 96 Aficionado FPP, 97 Platinum Gold, 96 Studio Silver etc. I'm not really concerned about the actual grade, but more thinking about storage and preservation. Eventually, graded or not, they will be displayed similar to Magic's Griffen curio.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
So I've been buying Rickey auto's lately. 1 has been graded by Beckett. 3 of the auto's I've had for years cams in Beckett holders, I think they were Playoff Absolute? My question is should I send in my others and rare 90's cards? 96 Aficionado FPP, 97 Platinum Gold, 96 Studio Silver etc. I'm not really concerned about the actual grade, but more thinking about storage and preservation. Eventually, graded or not, they will be displayed similar to Magic's Griffen curio.
90scurio5x.jpg~original

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
If you grade a rare non auto card of a star like Henderson, I would use PSA because of the the Registy, collectors go nuts over rare inserts and parallels of Jordan in PSA 10 holders, and if you are not convinced with price difference in PSA over BGS all you have to do is search 93 Sp Jeter in PSA 9 and BGS 9 in completed auctions on eBay.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
I would say so. I am OCD and like uniformity and prefer PSA so I grade everything with them. PSA runs specials every month if you are a member, so you can get a member to submit for you and cut the cost down. Only downside is the wait time on bulk submissions.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd def do 90's / early 00s in PSA. Prob everything that way. The ones like the Playoff that came issued in those holders, can't do much about, but the rest PSA IMO.

Ryan

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
It's great protection. If you decide to do it, I can get it done on 10 day, probably as cheap as anyone. Shoot me a PM if you decide to go through with it, or have questions.

Members online

Latest posts