Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which '90s products would you like to see return?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Any product which was basically (or mostly) only around during this period would you like to see again?

I'd like Collectors Choice to return with a little upgrading, especially utilizing the '94 design.

I think the main thing everyone remembers this product for are the "signature" parallels, especially silver.

My version below is probably geared heavy towards retail but the main draw would still be the parallels.

The amount of shiny flashy easy inserts, along with the parallels and amount of cards a box would make this a FUN(!) and inexpensive product.

Using it's history, I'd like to see it come back with this reconfigured breakdown:

$2 srp (10 cards a pack)
36 packs a box
Game Used every box
Autograph at the case level

PARALLELS
Silver signature per pack
Non numbered GOLD Sig a box
Non numbered silver holo foil Sig every other box
Non numbered GOLD holo foil Sig every 4 boxes

"SE" parallels which harken back to the one time only (due to strike) "Special Edition" collectors choice issue. Still a parallel of the base set but borders are blue and have the "SE" stamp, just like the original:

Silver signature SE 6 PER box
NUMBERED SE GOLD Sig every 3 boxes
NUMBERED SE silver holo foil Sig every 6 boxes
NUMBERED SE holo GOLD foil Sig every case

Plus a bunch of shiny flashy easy inserts like they issued towards the end of the product's run.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Topps total.

I dislike that a player gets hundreds of cards as a prospect, then once they make the majors after their rookie season, poof no more cards.

At least in the minors they get a card every year.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I would love to see the small boxed sets of the 80s and 90s return (TCMA, Toys R Us, K Mart etc). 25-50 cards of Stars and Hall of Famers for a couple of bucks. I still look for them from time to time.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
If we're only talking about sets Topps can produce, my vote goes for 1995 D-III. I'm serious. I love that set.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I would love to see a Pacific type set come back. The base cards may not have been spectacular but the inserts were some of the most innovative of the time.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Pacific
Select Certified
Topps Total
UD MVP / Collector's Choice
Donruss Preferred ('97 was so gorgeous)
Pinnacle
Fleer Brilliants

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I agree with Collector's choice. I loved the 1996 set. I enjoyed Circa as well and Ultra up until Upper Deck tried to bring it back.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
NONE of them.................... thats what makes the 90's So Great!!

th

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I like 1993 Leaf.

With the following inserts like the original:

Gold Leaf Rookies
Gold Leaf Rookies (Update)
Frank Thomas
Heading for the Hall (1-10 All of the original cast are HOF with the exception of Clemens)
Gold Leaf Stars
On the Fast Track
Dave Winfield 3000
Frank Thomas Auto

Loved this set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts