Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy backs in 2016 Topps feature rarity levels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Topps Touts Biggest Buyback Program in History

Sports collectors daily article

December 15, 2015 By Rich Mueller

Due out seven weeks from now, Topps’ 2016 baseball will offer what it’s calling the “greatest volume and selection of vintage buybacks in history” according to a video released by the company on Tuesday.

The company will kick off its 65th year in business by inserting vintage cards from 1951 to recent years in its standard card packs.* Once again, they’ll be altered though, with a foil-stamped 65th anniversary logo on the front of each one. *Some will be rarer than others.

It’s not a new concept– Topps did the same thing with its 2015 football cards– but this time you can expect two buyback cards in every box.

Topps has bought up millions of cards from dealers of vintage material over the years.* The company celebrated its 40th anniversary in 1991 by inserting unstamped vintage cards into packs.* They’ve also put stamped buybacks into Heritage Baseball.

1450358001413.jpg
Topps says the vintage cards will be distributed at various levels including:

Black (standard)
Red (“limited”)
Blue (“rare”)
Silver (“scarce”)
Gold (1/1)
2016 Topps Baseball is due out February 3.
Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I also wonder if they will be doing entire runs and if so, just topps or? For instance, if they did Will Clark, will it just be the 86 Topps Traded? Or also the 88 Topps, 91 Bowman, 95 Stadium Club, 97 Topps Chrome, etc.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Did anyone ever pull a buy back in '91? I remember reading in Beckett when I was a kid that it was an impossible pull and basically a scam.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Did anyone ever pull a buy back in '91? I remember reading in Beckett when I was a kid that it was an impossible pull and basically a scam.

In my article on 1991 Topps Glow Backs, I had a small handful of people tell me they did or they knew someone who did, but it was very rare.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
In my article on 1991 Topps Glow Backs, I had a small handful of people tell me they did or they knew someone who did, but it was very rare.

I just found my puckett dups. How do I tell if it's a glow back or not? Or is that just a scam like the finest acetate proof cards?

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I just found my puckett dups. How do I tell if it's a glow back or not? Or is that just a scam like the finest acetate proof cards?

It is a real thing - just not too terribly rare, but mega-cool, nonetheless! You need a black light to check them out.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I hope they do a variety of stuff, kind of like they are doing with the Archives Signature sets. I would love to see Sandy Alomar Jr. buybacks showing him with the Rangers, Rockies, and White Sox. Topps never made any Dodgers cards of him, unfortunately.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
In other News............. A email Reply from My Buddy Chris @ UD

[FONT=&quot]Won’t be till 2020 at the earliest. [/FONT]L[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Michael Doffing [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 2:16 AM
To: Chris
Subject: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hiya........... hope all well, and Hope You Bring Back Baseball REAL SOON!!![/FONT]

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
In other News............. A email Reply from My Buddy Chris @ UD

[FONT=&quot]Won’t be till 2020 at the earliest. [/FONT]L[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Michael Doffing [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 2:16 AM
To: Chris
Subject: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hiya........... hope all well, and Hope You Bring Back Baseball REAL SOON!!![/FONT]

Geez

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts