Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wanna see what's in a $6k pack of Basketball cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I could care less, I'm just amused that the only one who really seems to like it is that one guy who sucks off Panini on every card blog he can find.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Ugh. Ugly cards, rough-looking gold sigs. Looking at sold auctions, people are getting crushed on the base cards. I can't imagine most case hits will even come close to getting the breaker back to even. It'd have to be a monster hit to make any money.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
What are the monster hits even? Usually I'd qualify a monster as something you're making 2x or 3x on your investment. That means a case needs to sell for $12k to $18k in the market to be a monster. None of those preview cards were close to that value

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I can see this flopping and people getting hurt. It doesn't make me saw wow in any way whatso ever. What's the appeal of the product? Was someone calling for this? As some have stated, the autos look eh at best , the design is eh at best and the possible hits are gonna be eh at best vs cost. It's really crazy if this is the way packs/boxes trend. There is a need for high end, this surpasses that range and I don't think there is a need for it. The funniest this is that it is a 2014-2015 product, how is that logical? Some def extend into 2015 with that link of 14-15 but it's days away from 2016.

Good luck to anyone breaking and I'd be real curious what the big cards demand. Look I get if you have 6k to rip, hopefully that isn't your last dollar you have, but think about what you could buy or rip in place of that.

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
this product could use Jordan and Lebron, sucks they are stuck with UD

Exactly!
[MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] , what was that one Panini high-end that hit so big a coupla years back? I think it came in a steel case? I wanna say '13-14? Was is it Immaculate? About $600 a pack but doubled second-hand almost immediately?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Flawless. Was nice high end. 1200 to 1500 a box. 2400 to 3k a case

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Flawless. Was nice high end. 1200 to 1500 a box. 2400 to 3k a case

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I was in on some of those breaks but that was 10 cards , so say $120/card, this is 5-9x's that...??? Why? What was missing from Flawless or the Immaculates that this can possibly have other than more metals/gems added into cards that aren't needed on a trading card.

Ryan

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I was in on some of those breaks but that was 10 cards , so say $120/card, this is 5-9x's that...??? Why? What was missing from Flawless or the Immaculates that this can possibly have other than more metals/gems added into cards that aren't needed on a trading card.

Ryan

its the same with any cards, limited (cough cough)

you find some amazing patches/inserts in regular Topps which are nicer then some in Dynasty etc. Its all just the same stuff, different name, gold auto, not blue or black ink

there must be a market for this crazy high end stuff

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
its the same with any cards, limited (cough cough)

you find some amazing patches/inserts in regular Topps which are nicer then some in Dynasty etc. Its all just the same stuff, different name, gold auto, not blue or black ink

there must be a market for this crazy high end stuff

Yes, it's manufactured/perceived rarity. But the Patch quality etc in the other previous Hi End don't look to be outdone by something 5-9xs more. I get it, I'm rambling but I just don't understand the upgrade on this product.

Ryan

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
totally agree, and 7 to 10 cards

maybe its a good thing Panini doesnt have the mlb license.

1 box per case. 1 pack per box. 7-10 cards per pack.
Hits: 7
$5,899.99

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
totally agree, and 7 to 10 cards

maybe its a good thing Panini doesnt have the mlb license.

1 box per case. 1 pack per box. 7-10 cards per pack.
Hits: 7
$5,899.99

I was thinking the same thing that could baseball support anything close to this? A jump from Treasures to this I can't see. With basketball the overseas $ is so deep that it has to play a large factor into this.

Ryan

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If there were a raft of great rookies this year, it might have legs. So far I see Wiggins and Mirotic. Remember how dubious people were about 2003 Exquisite? That was < 10% this price, and it had the best RC class since 1986. The best cards in this set, 1/1 patch autos, are available in pretty much any other product in the high end tier. Having no Jordan or Lebron autos and a limited rookie presence pretty much dooms this. As if the price tag didn't doom it from the start.

Members online