Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What does Fedor do after his next fight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
It hasn't been signed yet,but i would assume his next fight is with Barnett.Now if he wins[which i think is amost certain] where does he do next?Does Affiction go get another decent fight for him to fight,or does he go to another promotion?

I know the odds are slim & none he would join the UFC...I just don't see him getting anymore competition from fighters that aren't in the UFC.At least the UFC have a few HW's that would be better than Tim S. & A.A. were.

I believe he would clean out the UFC HW division also within a 2 year period,i'm just over excited to see what he could do in a cage setting.

WATER_DOG007

Oct 8, 2008
FLORENCE
I would love to see him in the UFC!! I have not seen anyone who can compete with him.
The guy is not HUMAN!!

VERY, VERY EXCITING to watch!!!

B.M.F. (Pulp fiction- Samuel Jacksons Wallet)

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
If he goes to the UFC (which I doubt) he should get an immediate title shot.

If not, he has still has Alister Overeem and Sergei Khritonov to fight in Japan.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Sam Banks said:
Next fight isn't going to be with Barnett.

What are you hearing as his next fight being with?I know they are friends and don't wanna fight eachother,but this is a great fight for Barnett.If he was too beat Fedor,it would be his highlight of his career and something that most people thought was impossible.And i think Affliction needs this fight to happen to keep afloat.There isn't anybody else that would stand a chance with Fedor in Affliction.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Josh turned down the fight apparently because he wasnt offered as much money as Arlovski.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
B.A.C. apparently Affliction is going to counter UFC 100 on free TV and Fedor and Barnett are both going to be fighting on the card, just not against each other. The Affliction people said that fight would be too expensive to put on free TV. This is what I have been reading for the last month or so. Vitor Belfort is a name being tossed around as a possible opponent for Fedor. Overeem maybe? I have no idea. I think Barnett should just fight him.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Sam Banks said:
B.A.C. apparently Affliction is going to counter UFC 100 on free TV and Fedor and Barnett are both going to be fighting on the card, just not against each other. The Affliction people said that fight would be too expensive to put on free TV. This is what I have been reading for the last month or so. Vitor Belfort is a name being tossed around as a possible opponent for Fedor. Overeem maybe? I have no idea. I think Barnett should just fight him.

UFC 100 is going to be freakin legit, can't wait until my boy Lesnar puts a whoppin on Mir

rickysigai

Mar 14, 2009
yankeefan812 said:
Sam Banks said:

UFC 100 is going to be freakin legit, can't wait until my boy Lesnar puts a whoppin on Mir
your crazy mir`s last fight was awsome- he looked great- if it wasn`t for his accedent he would be champ- he f`ed brock up the first time so i don`t see anything different this time.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
rickysigai said:
yankeefan812 said:
Sam Banks said:

your crazy mir`s last fight was awsome- he looked great- if it wasn`t for his accedent he would be champ- he f`ed brock up the first time so i don`t see anything different this time.

That comment is laughable at best.

Mir was getting his face pounded in and got lucky because of Brock's inexperience, which led to the leg lock tapout.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
HPC said:
rickysigai said:
yankeefan812 said:
Sam Banks said:

Mir was getting his face pounded in and got lucky because of Brock's inexperience, which led to the leg lock tapout.

Do you really think that Brock has enough experience now?I don't think he does.He can win this fight though,if he lands those punches.I just have to believe some how Brock will make a mistake on the ground and Mir will sub him.

I keep hearing people say how powerful his punches are.If this is the case,why couldn't he finsish Mir the 1st time,even after the ref broke it up the 1st time,Lesner landed some big shots and couldn't finish him.He blasted Herring in the opening seconds of the 1st round & couldn't finsish him.He did knock out Couture,i'll give in that.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Bornagaincollector said:
HPC said:
rickysigai said:
yankeefan812 said:
Sam Banks said:

Do you really think that Brock has enough experience now?I don't think he does.He can win this fight though,if he lands those punches.I just have to believe some how Brock will make a mistake on the ground and Mir will sub him.

I keep hearing people say how powerful his punches are.If this is the case,why couldn't he finsish Mir the 1st time,even after the ref broke it up the 1st time,Lesner landed some big shots and couldn't finish him.He blasted Herring in the opening seconds of the 1st round & couldn't finsish him.He did knock out Couture,i'll give in that.

I dont think Brock is super-experienced, im not saying that at all.

Im saying it was Brock's first fight, and he got caught up. I do think Brock will avoid the sprawl tactic like he played on Herring, and wont engage Mir on the ground. I would like to think he is smarter than that.

I do happen to agree with you about him losing by sub because he will lose the ground battle.

rickysigai

Mar 14, 2009
HPC said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HPC said:
rickysigai said:
yankeefan812 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":5q6z01l3]B.A.C. apparently Affliction is going to counter UFC 100 on free TV and Fedor and Barnett are both going to be fighting on the card, just not against each other. The Affliction people said that fight would be too expensive to put on free TV. This is what I have been reading for the last month or so. Vitor Belfort is a name being tossed around as a possible opponent for Fedor. Overeem maybe? I have no idea. I think Barnett should just fight him.

Im saying it was Brock's first fight, and he got caught up. I do think Brock will avoid the sprawl tactic like he played on Herring, and wont engage Mir on the ground. I would like to think he is smarter than that.

I do happen to agree with you about him losing by sub because he will lose the ground battle.[/quote:5q6z01l3] Brock is a freaking joke- yes he can wrestle and he is a man ox. Thats all he has is size and wrestling. I would love to see him go over to japan he`d get killed. Frank Mir looked the best I`ve seen him.And your quote that Frank got luckly. No luck about that Frank is a top notch fighter he trains just for a situation like that so luck I would say no. Skill I would say yes. Doesn`t matter how bad Brock beat him he still lost. Mr. White signing Brock was a smart marketing move and I do think Brock will get better I just hate people jumping all over his nuts like he`s the best thing since sliced bread.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
God these Frank Mir nuthuggers drive me insane. Mir DID look good against Nog. But THAT Nog was a Nog who had been battling staph infection and didnt get to train like he normally does. Mir did look good, but I think it was also a product of Nog just looking completely terrible. I tried betting a bill on Brock to someone I know who is always bashing Brock and talking up Mir and got a no. That says a lot right there. I have faith enough to put cash on Brock to him, but he didnt have the sack to pony up for Mir. **** Mir. I like him less and less the more he talks. You see that **** with Amir Sodollah? Or that Echo Unlimited commercial? Mir thought that motorcycle accident was bad, wait until Brock makes spinal fluid come out of his nose. The wreck will seem like a cake walk compared to what Brock is going to do to him.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
rickysigai said:
HPC said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HPC said:
rickysigai said:
[quote="yankeefan812":dio9z1sc][quote="Sam Banks":dio9z1sc]B.A.C. apparently Affliction is going to counter UFC 100 on free TV and Fedor and Barnett are both going to be fighting on the card, just not against each other. The Affliction people said that fight would be too expensive to put on free TV. This is what I have been reading for the last month or so. Vitor Belfort is a name being tossed around as a possible opponent for Fedor. Overeem maybe? I have no idea. I think Barnett should just fight him.

I do happen to agree with you about him losing by sub because he will lose the ground battle.[/quote:dio9z1sc] Brock is a freaking joke- yes he can wrestle and he is a man ox. Thats all he has is size and wrestling. I would love to see him go over to japan he`d get killed. Frank Mir looked the best I`ve seen him.And your quote that Frank got luckly. No luck about that Frank is a top notch fighter he trains just for a situation like that so luck I would say no. Skill I would say yes. Doesn`t matter how bad Brock beat him he still lost. Mr. White signing Brock was a smart marketing move and I do think Brock will get better I just hate people jumping all over his nuts like he`s the best thing since sliced bread.[/quote:dio9z1sc]

I hope you arent referring to the Lesnar fight when you say Mir looked great. He got taken down to the ground, pounded on, and a bs call by Mazzagatti led to his win. Lesnar was in a dominate position and one hit to the back of the head...you know the story. Lesnar is still new to the system, but I'm willing to bet he has greatly improved his game since that fight. He'll be smarter on the ground if he takes Mir down and he has likely trained on submission defense. I really am not worried about him losing this fight at all. Sam, I agree with you 100%. I can't wait until Brock walks right through Mir and shuts everyone up.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
yankeefan812 said:
rickysigai said:
HPC said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HPC said:
[quote="rickysigai":6o5355ns][quote="yankeefan812":6o5355ns][quote="Sam Banks":6o5355ns]B.A.C. apparently Affliction is going to counter UFC 100 on free TV and Fedor and Barnett are both going to be fighting on the card, just not against each other. The Affliction people said that fight would be too expensive to put on free TV. This is what I have been reading for the last month or so. Vitor Belfort is a name being tossed around as a possible opponent for Fedor. Overeem maybe? I have no idea. I think Barnett should just fight him.

I do happen to agree with you about him losing by sub because he will lose the ground battle.[/quote:6o5355ns] Brock is a freaking joke- yes he can wrestle and he is a man ox. Thats all he has is size and wrestling. I would love to see him go over to japan he`d get killed. Frank Mir looked the best I`ve seen him.And your quote that Frank got luckly. No luck about that Frank is a top notch fighter he trains just for a situation like that so luck I would say no. Skill I would say yes. Doesn`t matter how bad Brock beat him he still lost. Mr. White signing Brock was a smart marketing move and I do think Brock will get better I just hate people jumping all over his nuts like he`s the best thing since sliced bread.[/quote:6o5355ns]

I hope you arent referring to the Lesnar fight when you say Mir looked great. He got taken down to the ground, pounded on, and a bs call by Mazzagatti led to his win. Lesnar was in a dominate position and one hit to the back of the head...you know the story. Lesnar is still new to the system, but I'm willing to bet he has greatly improved his game since that fight. He'll be smarter on the ground if he takes Mir down and he has likely trained on submission defense. I really am not worried about him losing this fight at all. Sam, I agree with you 100%. I can't wait until Brock walks right through Mir and shuts everyone up.[/quote:6o5355ns]

Thank you.

Someone who can see how the fight actually went.

People hate on Brock because he was a pro-wrestler, thats honestly the only reason I can see. If he was never in the WWE, he would be cheered by everyone

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
There is no doubt that Brock is a beast,but he needs another 2 years at best to improve his ground game defense.I don't care who his trainers are,he can't learn that much defense in less than a year for what submissions Mir knows.

He had ZERO defense coming into mma,he will need another 2+ years from now to get his defense on the ground to above average.Look how long it takes other guys who have been doing this for many years are still grasping the info.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The submission defense isnt going to matter when Brock puts Mir on his ass with a right hand early in the 1st and then GNPs him until the ref stops it. Which is exactly what was happening in the first fight until the worst MMA ref of all time bailed Mir out with an unwarned ******** stand up point deduction. And thats no excuses, it is EXACTLY what happened. Then the more experienced Mir made Lesnar tap. Without Mazzagattis terrible reffing, Lesnar wins that fight via GNP ref stoppage just a short time after Maz stood them up. People hate on Brock because he was in WWE. I hear all the time that he needs to cut out all that pro wrestling BS, that there is no place for it in MMA. The funny thing about that is he hasnt done ANYTHING like that or anything every other MMA fighter has done before. Chuck, Wand and Spider all pull their antics and are loved for it. But Brock does it and he is just that stupid wrestler. **** those people. They are complete morons and can go to Hell.

Members online