Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Chavez Pick Up in a Long Time (1999 Topps Tek Gold)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
This is my first pick up in a long time. After selling most of the higher end pieces of my collection I decided to continue collecting this set as a way to stay in the hobby. I have checked the boards from time to time and still very much enjoy the read and I've checked ebay daily for new Chavez cards (Old habits die hard). This puts me at 46 of 60 golds. It is nice to cross another off the list. The only other Gold that I needed that I haven't landed is the BGS 9.5 on ebay right now at...$130!!! If anyone happens to have any of the below please let me know!

Wantlist:
1999 Topps Tek Gold 29A Eric Chavez/10 Patterns: 11 13 17 21 22 24 25 26
1999 Topps Tek Gold 29B Eric Chavez Away/10 Patterns: 3 4 813 17 20

1.jpg

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Great to see you post and continue your Chavez collection. You have been of my favorite player collectors for a long time :D

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Very impressive to have 46 of 60, I know you don't need the solitary copy I have, I'll let you know if I pick one up you need at some point.

Glad you are still picking things up! Not many A's collectors out there...

There are a few of us, I really need to scan and show off more of my pickups.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Do you still have your Leaf Mirror Certified collection? I always was amazed looking at those pics.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the compliments guys. I definitely loved picking up new items every couple days. Selling the collection was one of the hardest things I've done. 12+ years of collecting solely Chavez was tough to let go. But collecting was one of my favorite passions and loved every minute. Unfortunately I had to sell the Leaf Certified Collection. The 03's were the hardest to let go of but I netted nearly a $1000 profit off the 01-05 Leaf Certified Materials so it was impossible to pass up. I still have around 2000+ different cards (mostly base, inserts and roughly 350 GU and Autos) but the Teks are and have always been one of my favorite sets. It is one of those sets that will never be completed but also won't break the bank to pick up a new card every couple years. All things considered I am glad I sold the collection when I did. Chavez's prices have plummeted since his injuries and retirement. I assume me not bidding has had an impact. I was able to profit off quite a few of the high end pieces, factoring in the profits, at this point have only roughly $2000 left in the collection. I have considered starting collecting again but haven't found a player or set that I can commit to at least not yet.

LCMAutos.jpg

LeafAutos.jpg

Last edited:

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Thanks for the compliments guys. I definitely loved picking up new items every couple days. Selling the collection was one of the hardest things I've done. 12+ years of collecting solely Chavez was tough to let go. But collecting was one of my favorite passions and loved every minute. Unfortunately I had to sell the Leaf Certified Collection. The 03's were the hardest to let go of but I netted nearly a $1000 profit off the 01-05 Leaf Certified Materials so it was impossible to pass up. I still have around 2000+ different cards (mostly base, inserts and roughly 350 GU and Autos) but the Teks are and have always been one of my favorite sets. It is one of those sets that will never be completed but also won't break the bank to pick up a new card every couple years. All things considered I am glad I sold the collection when I did. Chavez's prices have plummeted since his injuries and retirement. I assume me not bidding has had an impact. I was able to profit off quite a few of the high end pieces, factoring in the profits, at this point have only roughly $2000 left in the collection. I have considered starting collecting again but haven't found a player or set that I can commit to at least not yet.

LCMAutos.jpg

LeafAutos.jpg

Still breaks my heart that you ending up selling those, especially the '03s. My favorite set of all time. Very understandable that you did, but dang, still miss seeing your great pickups. If it helps, I picked up the slack and went after all his D-backs stuff. Not that there was a lot made, but did manage to snag one 1/1. Chavez was always one of my favorite non-Dbacks, glad he made his way here.

And glad to see you're still picking up some Teks!

Members online

No members online now.