Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest Custom Cuts...including Joe Wood.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Here are a few of the latest cuts. I also figured a brief sentence about the player would help people understand who some of these players are. Baseball's history is full of "legends" who aren't in the Hall of Fame...and most of my customs include this type of former player.

latest_cuts_brick.jpg

"Smoky" Joe Wood - No doubt Hall of Famer if he didn't get injured - some think he should be in there already. One of the hardest throwers ever. Could have made it probably as a hitter as well.

Wally Berger - 4-time all-star and 1935 NL HR champ

Johnny Gee - Formerly the tallest players in the majors. Also played pro basketball.

Frank Crosetti - 2-time all-star and member 17 Yankees World Series titles (7 as a player, 10 as coach). Involved in 23 different World Series seasons.

Buddy Myer - 2-time all-star and 1935 AL batting champ.

Bill Nicholson - 5-time all-star and one of only three MLB players to be intentionally walked with the bases loaded.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Great stuff as usual.....keep it up. You do amazing work!! I think it's great how you're doing cuts of the forgotten players of yesterday.......just b/c they're not HOFers, doesn't mean they didn't contribute significantly to the game....

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I have never seen a Frankie Crosetti autograph only Frank good job!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The Bill Nicholson cut was an amazing find for me because every single signed 3x5 of his is signed 5" across...and I flat out refuse to cut any of the signatures short.

On a side note, Nicholson was a friend of my great aunt. They grew up together and she ended up funding a lot of the cost for his statue in their hometown of Chestertown MD.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
nyc3 said:
This Crosetti signature was from 1934. I think he started signing the majority as "Frank" when he became a coach for the Yankees.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
nyc3 said:
This Crosetti signature was from 1934. I think he started signing the majority as "Frank" when he became a coach for the Yankees.

:eek: :shock:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
scotty21690 said:
How tall was Gee??
Here's a picture of Gee with his old manager in Syracuse(Dick Porter - former Oriole legend and Cleveland Indians outfielder...and an old family friend of my dad) hunting on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

porter_gee_hunting.jpg
(from my Dick Porter collection)

Of note, Dick was listed at 5' 10" but was probably a stocky 5' 9". Also for the old minor league baseball enthusiasts...check out the old Syracuse Chiefs jacket Dick is wearing.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Very nice, and thanks for sharing!

The Nicholson is interesting, as I wonder if that is not truly a "signature" but is instead simply an example of him writing his own name. I find those types of documents to be quite interesting. Have you seen other examples where he was clearly writing a "signature" as opposed to his name. (If this isn't clear, it's the difference between filling in your name on a job application form where it says "Name: _________" and signing your name on the bottom of a check.

Anyway, great pieces!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ajw said:
Very nice, and thanks for sharing!

The Nicholson is interesting, as I wonder if that is not truly a "signature" but is instead simply an example of him writing his own name. I find those types of documents to be quite interesting. Have you seen other examples where he was clearly writing a "signature" as opposed to his name. (If this isn't clear, it's the difference between filling in your name on a job application form where it says "Name: _________" and signing your name on the bottom of a check.

Anyway, great pieces!
No, that Nicholson is dead-on for his actual signature...just smaller and for me, with family history and land in Chestertown, it's a great cut.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Chris D. said:
More nice work. Just a head's up, it's spelled smokey.
Actually, it's incorrectly spelled "Smokey."

He was always "Smoky", and his rights are managed by CMGWW and they also list it correctly as "Smoky".

Members online