Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Topps Pristine Refractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Were these things only issued in uncirculated form, or were they issued in regular packs as well? My understanding is that they came uncirculated as box toppers; yet so many of them have shown up without the plastic cases that it seems as if they may have come loose in packs as well.

02-37.jpg
02-38.jpg
02-39.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I cannot fully remember, but I know the football version came one w/the case. I'm guessing folks just popped them out of the cases, especially since a lot that I've seen, for football, are scratched to hell.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm guessing a lot of them were freed from scratched cases over the years. I would definitely pay a premium for one in a scratch free original cases

2002ToppsPristineRefractors.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
2002 Topps Pristine is a 210-card set issued in October, 2002.

The first 140 cards feature active veterans stars while cards 141-150 feature retired greats and cards numbered 151-210 feature three different versions of 20 different rookies.

Each rookie has a common version, a uncommon version which has a print run of 1999 serial numbered sets and a rare version which has a stated print run of 799 serial numbered sets.

Each "pack" contains three mini-packs containing: 1) An Uncirculated Refractor, 2) A game-used "Relic" card and 3) a pack of six cards from the base set (two of which are from the rookie subset).

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks guys! That makes a lot of sense, especially since the cases are pretty ugly and bulky to boot.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I loved uncirculated cards! And their cases. The Pristine cards were beautiful. eTopps cards were always gorgeous as well. Sad they never caught fire because it's hard to find prettier cards in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts