Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
What's the best course of action when someone buys a card, doesn't pay, then says: "Sorry but my 12-year old son got my phone and bought this card. I can't pay for it," then doesn't contact you again?

I highly doubt his 12-year old son bought this card: the BIN was not hit, but a strong offer was made, which I doubt any 12-year old would do.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
That sucks. Maybe a no pay case and block the buyer. I've made bids drunk I regretted but still paid. These type of buyers piss me off. I had one who didn't even contact me, went straight to PayPal for a refund

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
NPB, and keep any correspondence they send. Don't let him blackmail your feedback if he pays and / or files an "item not as described".

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Thanks guys.

Block this imbecile: shawngaylor1977

After seven messages to him and seven messages from him, he still won't respond to the non-payment open case, claiming he contacted ebay and they told him to just message me to resolve it. If I cancel the transaction without his request he can leave negative feedback, I lose fees, and he won't get the NPB strike against him. Ie, this is why he won't send the cancellation request.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Open a NPB case with eBay, get your fees back and the buyer will get a strike against them.

And don't let it get to you either. Some members who are relatively new to the auctions let lousy buyers get to them. Can't do that, definitely not worth your time/thoughts or energy.

Happens ALL the time. Ugh...

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Thanks guys.

Block this imbecile: shawngaylor1977

After seven messages to him and seven messages from him, he still won't respond to the non-payment open case, claiming he contacted ebay and they told him to just message me to resolve it. If I cancel the transaction without his request he can leave negative feedback, I lose fees, and he won't get the NPB strike against him. Ie, this is why he won't send the cancellation request.

If he does nothing, then you can close it after 4 or so days and then you will get your fees back..

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Block this other guy: "feedmecards" on ebay -- he didn't leave me a negative, but has left 26 negative feedbacks for others in past 6 months, and was VERY rude/pushy regarding shipping & tracking info, asking me for a tracking # and if the card ($.99) shipped within hours of his purchase. Not worth selling to him/her!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts