Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game-Worn Swatch or Player-Worn Patch?

Game-Worn One Color Swatch or Player-Worn Multi-Color Patch?

• Game-Worn One Color Swatch

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Player-Worn Multi Color Patch

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
What would you rather have in your collection? A card with a white piece of game-worn jersey, or a multi-colored patch that was player-worn?

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I personally would prefer the game worn white jersey over a player worn patch. Or at least that's how I've voted with my purchases, plus then I don't have to worry if someone switched out the jersey lol. I wish the current card companies would go back to doing what donruss used to do and include a photo of the original item the swatch was taken from. Along with clear wording that the item was used by such and such player in an official MLB baseball game.

Last edited:

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I will take the player worn patch. As long as I know ahead of time it's only player worn. This is for modern players. On retired or former players I would take game worn over like say a old timers jersey patch

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
So...I voted game used rather than player worn. I'll tell you why. Other than the huge fact that I'd much rather have something used in a game(which I find to be of at least some significance), I'm honestly afraid that the companies may start adopting the "player worn" stuff if they think enough people will go for it, for all their relic cards. Hell, look what topps does now as it is with the vague wording. Hence why most of my patch autos are Panini(though I'll admit I buy way more basketball and football stuff now). If they think people will actually be okay with player worn stuff for vets and rookies, for every card produced, eventually that is all we will see.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
So...I voted game used rather than player worn. I'll tell you why. Other than the huge fact that I'd much rather have something used in a game(which I find to be of at least some significance), I'm honestly afraid that the companies may start adopting the "player worn" stuff if they think enough people will go for it, for all their relic cards. Hell, look what topps does now as it is with the vague wording. Hence why most of my patch autos are Panini(though I'll admit I buy way more basketball and football stuff now). If they think people will actually be okay with player worn stuff for vets and rookies, for every card produced, eventually that is all we will see.

It's also probably much cheaper than buying game used stuff. If they can throw on a handful of jerseys during a signing/photoshoot, then that's just that much less they don't have to buy game used stuff from mlb.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It's also probably much cheaper than buying game used stuff. If they can throw on a handful of jerseys during a signing/photoshoot, then that's just that much less they don't have to buy game used stuff from mlb.

Oh sure! I can see the need for doing it with rookies. Otherwise I don't support it. I don't even pay much mind when it's done for the rookies. I pay what I consider an ok amount for the "cool factor". But that's why I like Panini and their wording. And on some of their stuff, it does show use. Topps tried with their strata and I'll give them cool points. But it's not necessary. Just be clear on what you're providing and let the market decide. Vague wording may not, in reality, mean your being shady. But that's how it'll be perceived.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I will take the player worn patch. As long as I know ahead of time it's only player worn. This is for modern players. On retired or former players I would take game worn over like say a old timers jersey patch

Have to agree with this. As long as I know what it is, I will pay accordingly. I like the colorful patches and as long as it is not a manufactured patch that was never even seen by the player trying to be passed of as worn, I am okay with it.

Members online