Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2000 leaf limited samples and leaf rookies and stars promos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
pretty sure i've seen a thread SOMEWHERE discussing these but for the life of me i cant seem to find it now so figured i'd just go ahead and ask for any info anyone can provide....i dont have scans available at the moment , but i'll try to describe these as best i can and get pics up later if needed....

over the years i've seen plenty samples and promos in both baseball and football that had the word sample , the word promo , or a generic serial number (such as xxxx/2000) in a small font stamped in silver or gold on the card ......occasionally , i've seen a seller or two on ebay offering a large quantity of the same cards but whose stamp uses a vastly different font (both in size and type)....

recently lodisportscards ran a ton of these on ebay....the leaf limited cards all featured the word SAMPLE in a large gold foil stamp while the leaf rookies and stars cards all featured the word PROMO in the same large font ....

i did snag a FEW , but i was hesitant to pick up too many because i seem to recall at least some people questioning the legitimacy of these cards...

soooo..can anyone out there offer up ANY info on them ? legit or not ? if so , any idea on distribution method and approximate print run ?

thanks in advance for any help....

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I bought the Mike Browns he had last year. I think they are legit and was happy to add them. I have one that I got from MBs dad that they got from Leaf with the same font so I feel they were not "after market" ones.

Ryan

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
thanks ryan....

i picked up the limited of 3 of my game**** rookies plus a john abraham from r&s but with him having literally hundreds all at once (while referring to them as being extremely rare) left me just a bit skeptical even with most of them at just 1.50 to 1.99 each ....he had dozens more i'd love to pick up so i guess now i'll go back and see what's left....

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I just think he got them from an employee as a set, or at least the RCs set. Not sure non-RCs had samples/promos. I like em and am surprised more aren't sold.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts