Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The all-time best pull of your lifetime thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but if so I blame it on being an entitled n00b.

What was the best pull of your lifetime? It could be based on actual value or personal value. Post a picture if you would like.

Everyone on BO already knows my answer to this but hey, it will be the first time I told it on here. It would be this bad boy right here...

Pulled it from one case back in early 2007 and sold it immediately for $1,800.

In my defense, I was not a prospector at the time and I knew nothing about the guy. Last I heard the current owner had a standing offer for over $20k. I'm not sure if Wossa currently owns it now but if he does, he'll never sell it.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't bust wax because I'm a single PC guy (mcgwire) and I know that would start an addiction :)

However, in 2014 I took part in my first ever team break for fun (Tek). Talk about luck! Not only did I "pull" a 1/1, I "pulled" a 1/1 of my guy (magenta auto proof /1 below) - which sent me on the stupid quest to collect the complete mcgwire rainbow.

Now that was a lucky pull!

tek_strip4.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Never was one with luck. Best pull was probably a Pujols auto /5 or an Arod auto when they were selling around $300ish each. Quit opening wax years ago aside from a blaster or two per year. But in 1987 I pulled an Eric Davis and Don Mattingly in the same Topps pack and believe me that was pretty tough to top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I don't bust wax because I'm a single PC guy (mcgwire) and I know that would start an addiction :)

However, in 2014 I took part in my first ever team break for fun (Tek). Talk about luck! Not only did I "pull" a 1/1, I "pulled" a 1/1 of my guy (magenta auto proof /1 below) - which sent me on the stupid quest to collect the complete mcgwire rainbow.

Now that was a lucky pull!

tek_strip4.jpg

I no longer bust much wax either these days. Maybe 2-3 cases a year at most. There was a time when I was buying a case every other week but then I discovered how much you save buying singles instead. That and I got into prospecting.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Back in 2001 I busted a box of Donruss Classics. It was pretty good - I got a Kaline auto, a Johnny Bench...bench (seriously it was a stadium seat from Crosley or something), and a Ripken jersey.

But the best was a Timeless Tribute parallel of Eric Munson, which was numbered to 125.

I ended up selling it for $2000

Just kidding!!!!!!

I traded it for 3 packs from the next box he opened, and in the second pack I pulled this:
112a007.jpg

The other side had Ruth, and it was numbered 4/50, Gehrig's jersey #

I ended up selling that for $2000

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
LaPorta super
Austin Jackson black status
Price/hochevar dual head of class super
Mj graded rookie

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
1995 Skybox football I pulled the Grand Prize game card: six signed helmets, six signed footballs, and six signed cards. I still have the cards, but I wish I kept the helmets and balls. Farve, Dilfer, Moose Johnston and others...

*edit to add that the guy that pulled the other grand prize card (a week or so before me) got a huge write up in Beckett. I did not.

Last edited:

Bowman stasher

Feb 1, 2016
I've busted for 6 years. I have two great hits but I've never hit it "huge"

In 2012 I bought ONE jumbo pack of bowman draft. Pulled a zunino gold auto. Think it sold for 340ish.

In 2014 I bought two hobby boxes of bowman draft and pulled a Schwarber blue auto. Sold that for 250.

Both first round catchers hah

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
PC wise a Donnie Baseball auto from a 2005 Fleer product.

And to make it even better, the box was a freebie from fleer at the Hawaii Trade Conference

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Had a couple really nice hits but nothing of some of your magnitude.
Bought a single box of spx finite, pulled the redemption for the griffey auto. Being a griffey guy, you couldn't get better than that. BUT I mailed it in, never recieved the card. I've purchased two since then.
Single box of UD Epic pulled a joe dimaggio jersey w/pinstripe /25
2 boxes of 09 sweet spot pulled a red stitch black ink jeter /150.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Barkley 98 Autographics was my biggest. Pushed $1k. And from Immaculate hit a Kyrie Patch Auto RC from one of Andrews break that was $800 or so. Back in the day the 4 1991 Elite Nolan Ryan in one box of Donruss was huge.

Ryan

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Pulled a Charles Barkley printing plate from 1997-98 Stadium Club. Sold it to a big Barkley collector in Europe for $600.

Pulled a 1999-00 Fleer Mystique Kobe Bryant 'Raise The Roof' #058 /100 from a one box purchase. Sold it a few months ago for $600.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I feel like I pulled a Grant Hill RC Finest refractor, but I don't remember if I pulled it now or obtained it in a trade. I ended up trading it away later.

Other than that, I was never all that lucky with unopened product, which is a main reason why I don't open packs any more. The best baseball card I can remember/confirm pulling was a Duke Snider au/jersey from UD HOF issue in the early 00's. This one I still have.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I pulled this back in summer '10. Like everybody else at the time, I knew nothing about this guy. I wrote about this card the week I pulled it; you can read the piece here.

2010-bowman-chrome-prospects-superfractor-bcp61-josh-donaldson-bgs9.jpg

PC (NFS/NFT)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts