Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is your all time favorite insert set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Just looking for others thoughts, as I rebuild my Griffey Jr collection. This time around, I'm going for quality instead of quantity.

Thanks
Tim

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Favorite would be 2, absolute memorabilias tools of the trade, and leaf certified materials, fabric of the game. Love both of those insert sets

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
From a looks standpoint and not talking about Game Used , Autos or Parallels, these are a few I like...

1996 Ultra Thunder Clap
1996 Pinnacle Skylines
Multiple years of Stat Standouts
1994 SP Red Holoviews

Ryan

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
98 & 99 topps gold label red's and black's

1993 Finest Refractors
1996 Select Certified Mirror Golds
1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Blacks

All parallels, not inserts.

I was always fond of the Paramount Fielder's Choice die cuts.

s-l500.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sorry Brad, I did not mean to be so careless and stupid.

Ah hell, I know some consider any limited card an insert. I did like when companies made an effort to create unique insert sets, clearly different than the base card designs, and not just 10 parallels of the base. Topps does make a lot of inserts, but it would be cool if some of them were much more limited, like 20 years ago.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
My favorite sets were those that I actually collected!
ebay21.jpg

ebay218.jpg

ebay29.jpg

cards028.jpg

And my most favorite to collect, because how difficult it was (back then) to get West and Central cards:
ebay22.jpg

And I'll also agree w/ one of [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION]'s : 1994 Red Holoview, although I could only afford to collect the blue holoview!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
My favorite sets were those that I actually collected!
ebay21.jpg

ebay218.jpg

ebay29.jpg

cards028.jpg

And my most favorite to collect, because how difficult it was (back then) to get West and Central cards:
ebay22.jpg

And I'll also agree w/ one of @RStadlerASU22's : 1994 Red Holoview, although I could only afford to collect the blue holoview!
Are the Score rules jumbos?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I know they were massively over-produced, but I loved the old Fleer Pro-Visions for some reason.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I always loved 99 Boyz with the wood. It's by far one of the most innovative cards which seems to have been inspired by the rubix cube.

Derek-Jeter.jpg

For those that have never had them in hand, the front of the card folds back vertically to reveal an inner card with some info on the player on the sides. Once folded the back of the card can be folded in half horizontally to make another card (which is seen on the COMC back scans). It's fun, innovative and unlike any other insert set I've ever seen.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Non-Parallel Inserts:
  • '95 Pinnacle White Hot - blue and white dufex design in '95 was jaw-dropping to a 10-year old me
  • '97 Leaf Statistical Standouts - fold-out glove is a great example of innovative 90's inserts
  • '97 Leaf Thomas Collection - favorite game-used set ever produced; jealous Upper Deck never came close to an insert set like this for Griffey
  • '97 SP Game Film - took the '94 Studio Editor's Choice and made a more refined version
  • '97 Topps Gallery Peter Max Serigraphs - artistic beauty
  • '98 Ultra Diamond Producers - wood, felt, and holographic-looking diamonds on the same card? Awesome
Parallels:
  • '97 Finest Embossed Refractors - favorite insert set; die-cut, embossed, and a checkered-refractor? Plethora of 90's innovations in one
  • '97 Pinnacle Certified Totally Certified Platinum Gold - flashy design, but balanced nicely by the silver and gold colors
  • '97 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Team - if you ever see one of these in person, they are stunning; best looking set ever made, in my opinion
  • '98 Metal Precious Metal Gems - the overlapping circles....favorite holographic design

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ultra Diamond Immortals
Ultra Win Now
Pinnacle Skylines
Metal Universe Diamond Soul
Metal Universe Mother Lode
Omega EO portraits

Just to name a few. Got a ton of others I like and I know exactly what they are but can't even remember the names of them sadly.

Members online

Latest posts