Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper indirectly saying he is leaving the Nats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
He was interviewed in spring training today http://www.masnsports.com/nationals...-leadership-and-his-status-with-the-nats.html

He was quoted saying

"I'm a National. That's what I want to be right now. I've got the W on my chest for the next three years. I'm very humble to put the W on my chest every single day. I love being in the nation's capital. I love D.C. I get chills thinking about it right now. It's such a monumental town. And I look forward to playing there every single day for three years. That's what's on my mind right now."

Is it a sign he is looking to leave or just being openly honest that he has no clue what will happen in 3 years? People in some social media circles I am in are buzzing about it thinking he is saying he doesn't plan on being here after his contract is up.

I want to see him stay with the Nats but If I was putting money on it, I say he signs with someone else.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I think it's just what everyone suspects, there's a good chance one of 29 other teams (ok maybe 10 other teams) will offer him a contract the Nats can't match. He knows, we know it, the Nats know it.....sure things could change but no one is gonna say anything one way the other to give any side leverage anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Three years from now he may have an injury or become a bust, you never know!

Fordman

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
He becomes a free agent in 2019 so he's got the 2016-2018 seasons with the Nats, assuming they don't trade him first. It's possible the Nats offer him a big contract before he becomes a free agent but Scott Boras will do everything in his power to make sure he gets top dollar.

I was being facetious. He made sure everyone knows how long his contract lasts.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's no secret he wants to play for the Yankees, and it's no secret he would become a free agent at the end of every pay period if he could.

Members online