Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Topps Heritage Barry Bonds Omission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Barry Bonds is something of an enigma in many ways, and this definitely includes Topps cards produced in the mid-2000s. He spun off his own licensing company around 2005-2005 (Swingman 25.) Certified autos produced prior to this had the standard Topps certification hologram, but his 2005 and 2006 Topps autos included a separate Swingman25 hologram. There was also a logo printed on the boxes (and possibly the back of every individual card.) I'm assuming that they were not able to reach an agreement in 2004, because Bonds is in the 2003 Heritage base and Chrome set, but he does not appear in 2004. He is back in 2005 and 2006, but that was his last year in Heritage. I know that he had an SP added to 2004 Bowman Heritage, and I think there may have been an additional base Topps SP around this time. During this stretch, he was the most dominant batter in the history of the game, in his prime, steroids or no.

I just had an extra 2007 Heritage Chrome Giants team base card laying around, and I decided to check out the image:

2007THC3.jpg

Black Refractor Shown, because they scan better and they're awesome. Same image. The players are not listed in any particular order, I'm assuming this is how the original 1958 set did it.

Here's the official Giants Team Photo from 2007:

san-francisco-giants-team-photo-at-att-park-in-san-francisco-on-22-picture-id72106349

Notice anything different? Ray Durham is dead center. Two players to his left is Barry Bonds. The Heritage card cropped this out, and dropped big ole Jason Schmidt in his place. They cropped out the entire left column of players, and Randy Winn is now hovering awkwardly on the bottom left.

TL, DR - RANDY WINN INVENTED THE HOVERBOARD.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts