Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors Ebay Alert!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I've really been interested in proofs and unopened food issues recently. I somehow stumbled upon someone selling some unfolded Kraft Cheese & Mac proof boxes. ( http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...raft+folded.TRS1&_nkw=kraft+folded&_sacat=213 )

I didn't realize these existed ... I thought they were just flattened boxes. Anyway, not sure if this appeals to anyone else, but there are a handful out there. I also didn't know this, but there are also two versions. The regular and the spiral box (see below).

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Anyway, hope this helps someone! I thought they were cool.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I've never checked to see if there were spiral and regular versions for each player combination...

PLAYERYearDESCRIPTION
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft #35
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Eric Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Glenn Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Johnny Ray)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Pete Rose)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Steve Sax)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Eric Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Glenn Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Johnny Ray)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Pete Rose)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Steve Sax)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Eric Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Glenn Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Johnny Ray)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Pete Rose)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Steve Sax)
AA-All Items

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I've never checked to see if there were spiral and regular versions for each player combination...

PLAYERYearDESCRIPTION
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft #35
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Eric Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Glenn Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Johnny Ray)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Pete Rose)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Complete Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Steve Sax)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Eric Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Glenn Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Johnny Ray)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Pete Rose)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Flat Box Variation (Jose Canseco/Steve Sax)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Eric Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Glenn Davis)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Johnny Ray)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Pete Rose)
CANSECO,JOSE1987Kraft Panel Variation (Jose Canseco/Steve Sax)
AA-All Items

Do you have a proof box that was never used available by any chance?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'll just piggy back on this thread, since the title is appropriate.

A set of 1987 (88?) Smokey Bear Fresno Hot Stove League cards hit eBay with a BIN of $50. Here is the set as they have it listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/38TH-FRESNO-HOT-STOVE-DINNER-SPORTCARDS-SET-/262301272730

Smokey Bear
Reggie Jackson
Steve Sax
Dave Stewart
Wally Joyner
Rex Hudler
Rick Honeycutt
Rudy May
Mike Aldrete
Jim Wohlford
Chris Codiroli
Dave Henderson
Franklin Stubbs
Bill Krueger
Ron Robinson
Bob Melvin
Don Larsen
Tom Niedenfuer

If anyone is interested in going splits, I could really use that Hendu, but I don't want to be stuck with the whole set for $50.

Last edited:

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Just a heads up - it looks like the 2 mac & cheese different boxes used a bit different cardboard, and the card "coloring" is different from one to the other ... so there is a bit of a difference with the card itself! :)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
For my own part, I LOVE food issue cards. And that includes all those unopened / hand cut / unfolded varieties. Hidden treasures in my PC are the 1993 Kraft Pop-Up unfolded sheet, 1992 Mootown Snacker un-ripped send-in, and three variations of 1992 Mr. Turkey cards, including one cut from a box. Pretty sure I got all of these from Tim Peichel sometime during the last 20 years :)

The late 80's / early 90's seemed to be the heyday for food issues, and they just don't seem to be popular anymore. Why not? Doesn't the snack-buying public want cheap baseball cards with their foodstuffs these days?!?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
i see it relished a couple times and then sold for a fraction. i could use the Dodgers if you were the winner.

I'll just piggy back on this thread, since the title is appropriate.

A set of 1987 (88?) Smokey Bear Fresno Hot Stove League cards hit eBay with a BIN of $50. Here is the set as they have it listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/38TH-FRESNO-HOT-STOVE-DINNER-SPORTCARDS-SET-/262301272730

Smokey Bear
Reggie Jackson
Steve Sax
Dave Stewart
Wally Joyner
Rex Hudler
Rick Honeycutt
Rudy May
Mike Aldrete
Jim Wohlford
Chris Codiroli
Dave Henderson
Franklin Stubbs
Bill Krueger
Ron Robinson
Bob Melvin
Don Larsen
Tom Niedenfuer

If anyone is interested in going splits, I could really use that Hendu, but I don't want to be stuck with the whole set for $50.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I'd love this if Jose were in it. ...I'm from Fresno originally.
i see it relished a couple times and then sold for a fraction. i could use the Dodgers if you were the winner.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL

Apparently the seller had more than one copy. I lost the auction, but picked up a copy as a second chance offer. I'll let you know when they arrive. Everything but the Henderson is up for grabs.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
For my own part, I LOVE food issue cards. And that includes all those unopened / hand cut / unfolded varieties. Hidden treasures in my PC are the 1993 Kraft Pop-Up unfolded sheet, 1992 Mootown Snacker un-ripped send-in, and three variations of 1992 Mr. Turkey cards, including one cut from a box. Pretty sure I got all of these from Tim Peichel sometime during the last 20 years :)

The late 80's / early 90's seemed to be the heyday for food issues, and they just don't seem to be popular anymore. Why not? Doesn't the snack-buying public want cheap baseball cards with their foodstuffs these days?!?

I think the food issues, the 90's Donruss McDonald's, Fleer gasoline cards are all cool. Sadly, most people (including kids), just don't want that old school cool factor anymore.

I equate it to like, take a 1964 quarter and a 1965 quarter and ask someone to explain the difference between them. 95% of people won't have a clue to what the difference is.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, I may take the rest of the set depending on what you want for it, but definitely the Dodgers. Thanks.

Apparently the seller had more than one copy. I lost the auction, but picked up a copy as a second chance offer. I'll let you know when they arrive. Everything but the Henderson is up for grabs.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hear hear. 92 and 93 Donruss Mcdonald's are sweet, and same for the Fleer gasoline cards. And so many more. Humpty Dumpty minis, Bimbo Bread discs, and so on. With a board like this there HAS to be a food issues thread. Going to look for it now.

I think the food issues, the 90's Donruss McDonald's, Fleer gasoline cards are all cool. Sadly, most people (including kids), just don't want that old school cool factor anymore.

I equate it to like, take a 1964 quarter and a 1965 quarter and ask someone to explain the difference between them. 95% of people won't have a clue to what the difference is.

Members online