Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

fun yet depressing at the same time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i was just checking out the angels draft results from the last few seasons looking for notable players which we didn't sign. only 3 stood out but 1 which made me wanna cry...

2002 jeff marquez
2004 pat white (qb WVU)
2005 brian matusz (4th rd, did not sign) :x

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Phillies drafted Kyle Gibson in the later rounds. They also failed to sign Brandon Workman in the 3rd round who looks like a top pick next year.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The only notables I wish we would have kept were Arrieta and Ryan Zink

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Jus Chrome said:
Just think in 2005 alone the Angels drafted Chris Davis, Buster Posey, Brad Suttle and Matusz

i saw suttle but i must have missed davis and posey...if they could have signed em, 05 would have been a helluva draft

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Halonut said:
i was just checking out the angels draft results from the last few seasons looking for notable players which we didn't sign. only 3 stood out but 1 which made me wanna cry...

2002 jeff marquez
2004 pat white (qb WVU)

Pat White is the one that REALLY PISSED ME OFF. That was the draft when I was with the Angels. That piece of trash said that he would sign for 2nd round money, $1 million. That was a HUGE pick for the Angels since we didn't have a 2nd Rd or 3rd Rd pick, then our 4th rounder didn't sign???

I have hated that lying sack of crap ever since then.

matt

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Halonut said:

2002 jeff marquez
2004 pat white (qb WVU)

Pat White is the one that REALLY PISSED ME OFF. That was the draft when I was with the Angels. That piece of trash said that he would sign for 2nd round money, $1 million. That was a HUGE pick for the Angels since we didn't have a 2nd Rd or 3rd Rd pick, then our 4th rounder didn't sign???

matt

i imagine he was a great athlete but what was his skill set like matt?

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Halonut said:

2002 jeff marquez
2004 pat white (qb WVU)

matt

:lol: What a creep.

Boras?

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Atleast your team doesn't draft them and trade them away for washed up/lesser players...

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
Atleast your team doesn't draft them and trade them away for washed up/lesser players...

believe me...we used to. that was how autry did things. here are a few guys from the 80's which the angels ditched too soon...

carney lansford
dave collins
dickie thon
tom brunansky
roberto hernandez
dante bichette

it wasn't until 1992 when they finally handed the reigns over to younger players (salmon, curtis, easley, disarcina, etc).

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
Halonut said:
aw00d05 said:

believe me...we used to. that was how autry did things. here are a few guys from the 80's which the angels ditched too soon...

carney lansford
dave collins
dickie thon
tom brunansky
roberto hernandez
dante bichette

it wasn't until 1992 when they finally handed the reigns over to younger players (salmon, curtis, easley, disarcina, etc).

I liked Dante, but wasnt much there.

Dont forget Matt Harvey

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
A lot of teams draft guys in the real late rounds that end up being top 100 players when they re-enter the draft. You probably know that those guys are very tough signs, and they don't expect to nab them, though.

Latest posts