Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~~~~@@@~~~WEDNESDAY MORNING THREAD~~~@@@~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all
attachment.php

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning guys, lonesome, how's the new job treating you? Dustin, have a trade out to you on bunt.

So the timing belt went on my car, not worth fixing it, prolly gunna sell it to the garage that towed it for parts and not get nearly enough, guess we are going car shopping this weekend. Thank god a guy from work lives close to me and doesn't mind giving me rides...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good morning all. I have never had an issue admitting I'm wrong and unless we're being played like never before I was way off on El Presidente Trump. [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] good luck man, we just bought an Elantra so the baby would be safer and we like it quite a bit

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Morning guys, lonesome, how's the new job treating you? Dustin, have a trade out to you on bunt.

So the timing belt went on my car, not worth fixing it, prolly gunna sell it to the garage that towed it for parts and not get nearly enough, guess we are going car shopping this weekend. Thank god a guy from work lives close to me and doesn't mind giving me rides...

What kind of car is it? A timing belt repair shouldnt be that much (under $1500 for a 4 cylinder with $1300 of it being labor). A lot of shops do that to people, have them junk the car, the shop fixes it so the mechanic will have a beater to drive and not use his personal vehicle.

Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Going to be observed today. I don't know why I'm nervous about it. My favorite teacher is my supervisor for this, and I know she likes me. On the bright side, school only goes until 2 tomorrow, and no school Friday. The bad thing about that though is there are conferences tomorrow night from 4-8 and Friday morning from 8-12 that I have to be here for. And nobody comes to visit the PE teacher during those things :lol:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning All!

What kind of car is it? A timing belt repair shouldnt be that much (under $1500 for a 4 cylinder with $1300 of it being labor). A lot of shops do that to people, have them junk the car, the shop fixes it so the mechanic will have a beater to drive and not use his personal vehicle.

Fordman

It's a 2004 Honda Civic that we don't want to put more money into, so it wasn't the shop that suggested it, it was us. They quoted $800 on the timing belt repair, but then there was a possibility of bent valves and engine replacement, and we didn't want to worry about that.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
It's a 2004 Honda Civic that we don't want to put more money into, so it wasn't the shop that suggested it, it was us. They quoted $800 on the timing belt repair, but then there was a possibility of bent valves and engine replacement, and we didn't want to worry about that.

You could buy a timing belt and do it yourself. There may or may not be valve issues.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t202316-timing_belt_broke_today__are_my_valves_shot_.html

Good Morning Everyone!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Work just closed early, which never happens since our inclement weather infrastructure is prepared for snow like this.....so yea rare snow day here!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts