Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Finest Jumbo Promo's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This doesn't look good at all in my opinion. There was another seller that was trying to sell oversized proofs that were autographed by the creator of the chromium inventor stating only 5 were made. They just looked like regular 93 jumbos though. I think someone just rubber stamped proof on the back of this.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Although I question this, his items are a few oddball Finest items and the Mattingly Promos. The Blank Backs are commons and no offense to Lee, but he isn't a big star either. Just think if it is legit in some way...???

Ryan

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Although I question this, his items are a few oddball Finest items and the Mattingly Promos. The Blank Backs are commons and no offense to Lee, but he isn't a big star either. Just think if it is legit in some way...???

Ryan

Quite possible however things like this can filter through collections over time, so if this is an aftermarket proof stamp, it may have changed hands 32 times already without anyone knowing.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Quite possible however things like this can filter through collections over time, so if this is an aftermarket proof stamp, it may have changed hands 32 times already without anyone knowing.

Oh no doubt. Just saying if you look at this and the 2 Blank Back commons, they are a lil' low on the pole to screw with but you never know.

Ryan

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Oh no doubt. Just saying if you look at this and the 2 Blank Back commons, they are a lil' low on the pole to screw with but you never know.

Ryan

Either way, you do have a good point! I soooo wish there was some sort of backstory with these sorts of things! Plus, I'm glad/bummed Jose isn't in the lot.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
No way they're real. Very little of this woman's stuff is legit (she mentions she's selling her late husband's things in one auction). She has an Amelia Earhart "auto" that was purchased and returned as fake (with a negative left), that is up for sale yet again after not selling the first time after it was returned.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
No way they're real. Very little of this woman's stuff is legit (she mentions she's selling her late husband's things in one auction). She has an Amelia Earhart "auto" that was purchased and returned as fake (with a negative left), that is up for sale yet again after not selling the first time after it was returned.

Let's just say Bob Tewksbury , Otis Nixon and Lee Smith are not Earhart. That doesn't mean they aren't fakes, but just saying the selection is odd.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Let's just say Bob Tewksbury , Otis Nixon and Lee Smith are not Earhart. That doesn't mean they aren't fakes, but just saying the selection is odd.

Ryan

I would tend agree with you Ryan, but playing devil's advocate they could test the market with this card. A known player but not a superstar or highly collected player. If it sells and the person who get it leaves them a positive feedback then "BOOM" they can start selling more of them. Why put a huge player out there which would get many more people talking about it. Keep it small and maybe it goes unnoticed. Just a thought.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would tend agree with you Ryan, but playing devil's advocate they could test the market with this card. A known player but not a superstar or highly collected player. If it sells and the person who get it leaves them a positive feedback then "BOOM" they can start selling more of them. Why put a huge player out there which would get many more people talking about it. Keep it small and maybe it goes unnoticed. Just a thought.

I've never once called them legit, I said its odd that if they weren't, the player choice is weird. And the line where you said "maybe it goes unnoticed" is the reason why I wouldn't chose the 3 players listed to test. Again who knows and they def could be fake.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I've never once called them legit, I said its odd that if they weren't, the player choice is weird. And the line where you said "maybe it goes unnoticed" is the reason why I wouldn't chose the 3 players listed to test. Again who knows and they def could be fake.

Ryan

Didnt think you claimed they were legit. Just giving an opinion as to why she may choose those players to "test" the market. And based on the description it makes me think she knows exactly what she is doing. Or more than likely it is the only jumbo she has and wants it to sell

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts