Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help finding a photo - Ben Oglivie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Your mission, should you be bored and good with Google Fu, is to find me a pic of Ben Oglivie wearing a pair of black Mizuno cleats.

If you're successful, I'm sure I can find something to reward you with.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Short cut: probably a Detroit Tigers or Boston pic. Obvious perhaps but that rules out 90% of the pics you'll find :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
ogilvie0001_20100429119.gif

Is this a vintage Mizuno logo on the cleat?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not as a rule, but he did consistently. Not to definitively say he never wore black cleats in Milwaukee, but I'd certainly start elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A_Pharis

Ok, so I've heard back form Mizuno. They said they are from - most likely - '82 to '83. Using that, I actually found this exact style to be popular with the 1980 Chicago White Sox. The number written on the back is "24", and Mike Proly wore 24 for the CWS during that time. He has an 81 Fleer card wearing them.

Now, knowing they are mostly likely ACTUALLY 1980 or 81 cleats, I looked for all players wearing 24 those years and can only come up with a pic of him wearing that style. Many of the teams (Brewers, Phillies, Orioles, etc) all wore team color cleats. Anyone able to find anything contrary to the idea that these would be 1980 CWS cleats? Maybe another team using the same style that year?

Last edited:

Members online