Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone ever look at their old thread to see how long you have been looking for specific cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Each day I pull up Google searches to see if I can find those ever elusive cards that I have been searching for what seems like an eternity. And each time I see my own threads on the forums (FCB, BO, Beckett, etc.) pop up. Well, as is probably known by many I have been posting on my Preferred set for some time in the baseball sections and my Leaf R&S master set on the football sections. I never realized how long I have been looking on some of these forums for over 6 years for my football set and close to 5 for my baseball preferred set (first the precious metals, now the Gold tins). Made me realized how time consuming collecting can be. So I ask,

What is the longest any of you have spent "actively" trying to put together any particular set or obtain a specific card. And what are your results. Here are mine

98 Preferred baseball set since 1998, but I took a 8 year hiatus from 2000-2008 before I really started slowly picking some up and went all out on it about 4 years ago. Here are the statistics for this one
Started end of 1998
Base Set0
Preferred Seating Parallel0
Great X-Pectation 0
Great X-Pectation Samples2
Title Waves0
Precious Metals0
Green Mini Tins0
Silver Mini Tins /9990
Gold Mini Tins /1992
Double Wide Retail Tins0
Total cards/items in set596
Needed cards to finish set4
Cards Owned592
% of set complete99.3%

I am not including the large tins as they are no part of my goal.

My most active one is my Leaf R&S master set for football which I started in November of 2004. ::facepalm::

Status: Still working on it, here are the statistics on this one and what I have left to complete. (need 62 cards)
Started November 2004

Regular issue0
Longevity Parallel4
Longevity Holofoil Parallel36
Rookie autos 201-2500
GU autos 251-2830
Freshman Orientation 0
Freshman Orientation CO0
Masks0
Initial Steps0
Ticket Master0
Slideshows0
Greatest american Heroes0
Greatest american Heroes Autos0
Crusade 0
Crusade die cuts22
Prime Cuts0
Triple Threads0
Fans Of the Game0
Fans Of the Game auto 0
Total cards in set1573
Needed cards to finish set62
Cards Owned1511

% of set complete 96.06%

Last edited:

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
It took me about 10 years to find this.
scan0001-28.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There are cards from 1998 etc of Clark I've never seen up for sale. I took basically 2005-2012 off so I'm sure some may have come up, but I have yet to see them. Crazy.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I agree. I am pretty amazed at how infequently some cards come up if ever. In my leaf r&s football set there are a few cards /75 that have not shown up in 10 years. Which blows my mind. How is that even possible? And I have looked almost every day.

Members online