Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goose Gossage seems to be upset ... at everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I heard it on the Michael Kay show on the Yes Network. They couldn't bleep it out in enough time so all the language flew as he chirped it.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Kinda agree with a bunch of what he said. Obviously the profanity is obnoxious but he makes some points I agree with *prepares for the onslaught*

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I do take exception to getting pissed at bat flips. All sports are bubbling with emotion. So, Joey Bats, who's team was down, what 4-2 and not looking good, goes Cadillac, flips the bat and the Jays are leading and he should just drop the bat, drop his head and round the bases ? While, as Harper mentions in a separate piece, "Pitchers show emotion, but batter's can't ?". I don't get that. If you don't want Joey Bats to hit it 500 ft., don't throw him something he can hit 500 ft. Braun & nerds I do agree on.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't quite understand his concern about the "nerds". I feel like some of the nerds who take a deeper look at numbers help guys like Gossage get the recognition he earned in the first place. For the record I would be fine with Braun's teammates putting a beating on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Hmmmmm..... He calls out Braun for the kind of example he sets (correctly), yet he was awfully quiet about Aroldis Chapman's domestic abuse issue.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
25608109381_72e4b2c360_b.jpg

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Gossage verbally flipped him the bird, now Jose is flipping the Goose!

It is just self important garbage from Dick Gossage. His time for being recognized is over. Now let the current players have their mark on the game and move on. Why is he pretending to still be contributing to the game?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
"Nerds with their computers"

Someone let grandpa out of the home again. Just tell him there is lemon bar pie with dinner and we won't hear from him for a month.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Here is my two cents. Gossage is wrong for saying that baseball is being run by nerds. There is no question that statistical metrics are becoming more apart of the game to measure a player's worth. Almost every single team is adopting metrics such as ERA+, UZR, FIP, etc. Why do you think free agents are being signed as quickly as they once were? I do agree with Gossage, however, that new rules are making the game appear whimpy. The take out slide is such an exciting play, like the play at the plate. You were taught as a young player to not stand on the tracks when the train is coming through. Baseball is great because of it's distinct and unique heritage, so I can see where Gossage is coming from. I also agree there is a right and a wrong way to "pimp". Gossage said in his day, players like Bautista wouldn't dare and try bat flips. Baseball should and always be a classy game. I don't mind a player celebrating with teammates in the dugout, but showing up pitchers is bush league. The art of pitching inside is also lost. So, I concur with Gossage on most, but not everything he said.

Members online

Latest posts