Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team Provided Supplements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ok so supposedly most MLB teams have nutritionists. I am sure that they just pass a
packet of pills to each player each day. With most guys claiming innocent it had me wondering?
What if the teams purposely put in a drug that could make that player fail his test? Its possible
considering player might not be worth the contract they are being paid. If you get suspended you do
not get paid. So say player A is making 15 million and sucking balls maybe the team slips him a
banned supplement? Anyways whats your take on this?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure they wholesale distribute unknown pills to every player:confused:. What I will say is a lot of the supplement industry in general is not as regulated by the FDA as it should be and if you're going to all these supplement stores and buying all this crap, you better know what's in it.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Geez, you guys are rough. He was only saying is it possible?

I think its ignorant to say they all take care of themselves and are responsible for themselves and what goes in their body. Yes ultimately you are responsible, but there is a sense of trust between you and your organization to do right by you. I know if i was a professional athlete and my organization provided a nutritionist i would trust what they're giving to me and not question it.

But the OPs suggestion of players blindly taking supplements from their organization i would assume happens quite frequently. Maybe less prior to the "steroid era" but im sure it still happens. But at least they have legal recourse should anything happen and they can sue their organization if they give them anything theyre not supposed to.

To the OP i think its very possible but highly unlikely because a scandal like that would lose them a lot of money. Most likely more than the 15 mil contract theyre trying to dump.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ok I let it ride for a few days. For the tin hat commenters lick my nuts.
I was just saying the situation is real. Most guys just take whatever the team
nutritionist hands them. They just ASSUME its ok to take.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Ok I let it ride for a few days. For the tin hat commenters lick my nuts.
I was just saying the situation is real. Most guys just take whatever the team
nutritionist hands them. They just ASSUME its ok to take.

Is that gonna be Dee's defense? So u believe nutritionist are essentially guilty of distribution of a CDS? If that's what u think I'll completely stand by my tin hat comment brotein shake

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts