Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone every opened/owned a 2004 UD Glossy factory set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I picked one up recently, since I can't trust sellers who claim to be selling singles from this set but are actually just selling pack-issued base cards ("but they're glossy, duh!"). These sets are supposed to come with a 3 card Derek Jeter pack, which had the possibility of GU, autos, and GU autos. Didn't buy the set for the Jeter pack, but figured it would help make me back a few bucks from the purchase price. Anyways, my "sealed" set comes in, and it's missing the Jeter pack. Were they supposed to be in the actual wood box with the rest of the cards? The set I bought had the wood box shrinkwrapped (tattered but seemingly intact), but didn't have the outer cardboard box.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Seller replied:

"Set was absolutely not opened . I had two sets from my distributor and sold one in the store and had one in storage ."

In other words, I somehow managed to get the one set of the 9930 made that UD missed the Jeter pack. Or, more likely, he's full of crap.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Playing Devil's Advocate here: nobody on here seems to know for sure if the Jeter cards were inside of the cardboard box or the wooden box. After checking the ebay listing, what OP received seems to match up with the exact description that the seller provides. Seems like OP took a gamble and didn't win. It happens. It doesn't mean the seller is intentionally screwing anybody over.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Agree. It seems odd that the top piece of plastic is the only one with UD logos on it.
It looks like a (poor) home-made attempt at re-shrink wrapping it all.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
It was a number of years back(probably 8 or so years ago), but there were no special Jeter card packs in the set I opened. Mine was factory sealed and I bought it from a dealer who I absolutely trusted. Heck, I didn't even know there were supposed to be special cards in the sets until this thread.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
The pack was in the wooden box, I still have 2 sets that I opened to get the jeter packs...Back in 04 I did pull a Jeter Auto,
I also still have 4 empty wooden boxes. The cost on these were either $100 or $150 a set wholesale., lol

Members online

Latest posts