Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carl Crawford DFA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/739498530897813505

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's about damn time.

Van Slyke back, Trayce Thompson doing very well, Ethier hopefully coming back in mid to late June, and even Howie Kendrick doing a better job. Sure, he's a nice guy, but his best days are clearly behind him. He can't hit, can't throw and can't play much defense, either. But don't feel bad for him - he still has that nice $35M severance package.

A.J. Ellis better not get too comfortable. He should be on his knees daily thanking the good Lord that he's Kershaw's personal catcher. Hopefully Austin Barnes can put it together and make it easy for the Dodgers to show him the door, too.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
His best days were behind him 5 years ago.

Amazing how he had over 400 SB his first several seasons and couldn't even make it to 500.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'll never forget seeing him, while with TB, at Baltimore, really "dog it" on a fly ball right in front of him, then not throw it in quickly, runner to second (on a ball to Leftfield) in a 4-1 game that led to a 5 run rally for the O's.

The next year he got a HUGE contract and I just shook my Head...

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Stop giving players HUGE contracts...

Yup, that's the way to get star players to stick around or come to your team. Just pay everybody the league minimum. There are gonna be busts with the big contracts. Generally players get paid for what they did before signing the deal. Teams know going in that players won't keep the same production from the 1st year to the 7th.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Yup, that's the way to get star players to stick around or come to your team. Just pay everybody the league minimum. There are gonna be busts with the big contracts. Generally players get paid for what they did before signing the deal. Teams know going in that players won't keep the same production from the 1st year to the 7th.

Yep. And nothing good would come from the MLBPA if contracts are tried to be reduced when MLB and team continue to make the huge bucks.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Yep. And nothing good would come from the MLBPA if contracts are tried to be reduced when MLB and team continue to make the huge bucks.

Other leagues have salary caps and they seem to be doing just fine.

And I'm not trying to make the owners richer by capping salaries, I want my tickets cheaper and my tv feed less advertisement heavy

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Other leagues have salary caps and they seem to be doing just fine.

And I'm not trying to make the owners richer by capping salaries, I want my tickets cheaper and my tv feed less advertisement heavy

Except the purpose of a salary cap is to make the league more competitive, not reduce salaries. There would still be huge contracts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts